Keep getting errors, no matter how I report

JoJoZ

I've been trying to report spam from freebizmag.com.  (I never signed up & they started spamming me many times a day after I redeemed some credit card points for some magazines; I've unsubscribed multiple times; had email correspondence where they promised to unsubscribe me, and didn't; even called them on the phone & they promised to unsubscribe me, and didn't.)

I've reported several of their recent spams to SpamCop yesterday and today both by copying & pasting the header info & body of email into the online form, AND by forwarding the email to the email address provided for this.

In all cases, I've received an email back from SpamCop that says:

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:
SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

What can I do about this?

Thanks,
JoJo

Hi JoJo, Welcome to the SpamCop forum.  Sorry you joining is under such stressful conditions.  I think you post identifies three issues.

2 hours ago, JoJoZ said:

(I never signed up & they started spamming me many times a day after I redeemed some credit card points for some magazines; I've unsubscribed multiple times; had email correspondence where they promised to unsubscribe me, and didn't; even called them on the phone & they promised to unsubscribe me, and didn't.)

Sorry you have gotten onto the emailing list of one that has such a poor business model.  Unfortunately, at this point unsubscribing from their email list only validate that a real person reads the email. Have you reported the problem with freebizmag/com to your credit card company and your bank that issued the card?  You are their paying customer.  This may not stop the spam in the short run but (frebizmag.com has your email) but it may affect their bottom line.  If enough people report the servers sending the spam, this also can affect them directly.

2 hours ago, JoJoZ said:

reported several of their recent spams to SpamCop yesterday and today both by copying & pasting the header info & body of email into the online form,

This seems to be the easiest (effective) way for you to report spam.  After cutting and pasting the spam into the online form and clicking the submit button, your done.  Before you click the submit, just above the button you should see one or more check boxes beside where the spam reports will be sent. For example:

Report spam to:

Re: 162.88.4.78 (Administrator of network where email originates)
To: abuse@oracle.com (Notes)
To: domain-contact_ww_grp@oracle.com (Notes)
To: abuse@dyndns.com (Notes)

On the other hand

2 hours ago, JoJoZ said:

AND by forwarding the email to the email address provided for this.

The success of forwarding spam as an attachment, depends on the email application and server you are using.  Some email apps modify the header before attaching,  attaching inline will also prevent SpamCop from processing your spam. and result in the response you received

2 hours ago, JoJoZ said:

18 hours ago, JoJoZ said:

What can I do about this?

I have seen this before.  It came in the reply of email I had forwarded to my submit address.  Most email providers are doing the forward inline, where the forward is like a reply and headers are lost.  Once I figured out how to forward as an attachment (Some used the ctrl key on the forward button) my problem was solved.  You may find as in my case the email providers change the key regularly.  It may be better to "view source" and then submit that in the reporting form.