Yahoo for free photo storage

This capability requires both IE and HTML message composition.

28648[/snapback]

Yes and Microsoft is starting to recommend removal of non genuine windows parts already

Sorry, there is no such thing as a "registry titled: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftInternet ExplorerPluginsExtension" as stated in that article. A registry entry with full punctuation, perhaps, but not a whole registry without punctuation.

This capability requires both IE and HTML message composition.

28648[/snapback]

And a few more restrictions as it turns out ....

Whoops!

We're sorry, but your computer doesn't currently meet the system requirements for PhotoMail. To use PhotoMail, you need to be on a Windows 2000 or Windows XP PC running Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher

Yes and Microsoft is starting to recommend removal of non genuine windows parts already

28654[/snapback]

I'm not sure I can go along with the way your remarks seem to be intended. AOL released a new version of Mozilla Netscape that (as has been the case historically) worked fine for AOL users while within the AOL dominion. However, stepping out into the "real" 'net' ... some things were broken. As I read the background, the concept was that the AOL Mozilla Netscape 8 was to handle the 'general' web-pages, but actually call on IE to handle 'secure' web-pages. Didn't find any justification for that, but the real issue was that for some reason, they added in some 'control' items that had the side effect of screwing up both Netscape 8 and IE if one was to go to a 'busy' site with XML involved ....

While I sure don't agree with the Microsoft 'expert' answer (I've got some other items in that part of the Registry that I certainly wouldn't want to delete) .. but I also note that AOL has already stated that a "fix" is due out "sometime soon" ....

And a few more restrictions as it turns out ....

I'm not sure I can go along with the way your remarks seem to be intended.  AOL released a new version of Mozilla Netscape that (as has been the case historically) worked fine for AOL users while within the AOL dominion. 

The Washington Post panned Netscape 8.0 too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5052800163.html

• 1 year later...
Web Worker Daily "head to head (to head)" on Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail may be of interest. Web Worker Daily? Yeah, I know ...
A new tribe of bedouin has evolved, with laptops instead of camels, hopping between wifi hotspots like oases. It is high time that net set should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies,and meet the jet set with a manifesto: Web Worker Daily. Because inspiration is meant to be shared.
A spectre is haunting California. O Brave New World ... come to think of it I was a member of that "tribe" myself for 10 years or more. No wifi "then" though.

A new tribe of bedouin has evolved, with laptops instead of camels, hopping between wifi hotspots like oases.

I swear I've read those words before, but it seems like it was years ago ...???

A new tribe of bedouin has evolved, with laptops instead of camels, hopping between wifi hotspots like oases.
I swear I've read those words before, but it seems like it was years ago ...???
Unlikely you are mistaken - IME the mental image of hopping oases is not one to be engendered by the random firing of neurons in any ordinary brain chemistry. Still, they (Web Worker Daily) can't be all bad - I think the use of all those little hammer icons on their website is quite fetching. Reminds me of my favorite kind of computer maintenance - the percussive kind.

Archived