Replies from spammer BOK IQ PL

captkirk

I am reporting 1 to 5 spam emails daily where I get this reply:

Witamy,

dziękujemy za przesłane zgłoszenie. Informujemy, że w chwili otrzymania Państwa zgłoszenia, co najmniej jeden adres e-mail biorący udział w korespondencji nie jest nam znany. Oznacza to, że Państwa zgłoszenie nie może uzyskać statusu zgłoszenia autoryzowanego. W przypadku zgłoszenia nieautoryzowanego nie możemy wykonać żadnej dyspozycji w nim zawartej ani udzielić żadnych szczegółowych informacji na temat konkretnych usług.
W zgłoszeniu nieautoryzowanym możemy jedynie udzielać informacji ogólnych lub powszechnie dostępnych.

Zgłoszeniu nadany został numer:

[IQ#389197:noauth]

Jeśli chcą Państwo uzupełnić zgłoszenie, proszę odpowiedzieć na tą wiadomość zachowując oznaczenie numeru w temacie wiadomości. 
Usunięcie numeru z tematu wiadomości spowoduje stworzenie nowego zgłoszenia.

Lista użytkowników otrzymujących korespondencje dotyczącą tego zgłoszenia na e-mail:

(7019660082@reports.spamcop.net), 

To zgłoszenie nie może być autoryzowane.

English version:

Hello,

thank you for submitting a ticket. We inform you, that at least one of the e-mail addresses taking part in the correspondence is unknown to us. That means that this ticket can never have the Authorized status. In case of an unauthorized ticket we can't execute any requests nor reveal any information specific to any services we provide.

In an unauthorized ticket we can only provide general or publicly available information.

Your ticket number is:

[IQ#389197:noauth]

The list of users recieving e-mails regarding this ticket:

(7019660082@reports.spamcop.net), 

This ticket can never be authorized.

--
Biuro Obsługi Klienta:
e-mail: bok@iq.pl
tel.: +48 58 326 09 90 - 94
fax: +48 58 326 09 99

Dział pomocy: https://www.iq.pl/pomoc
Informacja dotycząca przetwarzania danych osobowych: https://www.iq.pl/kontakt
Jakość gwarantuje: ISO 9001:2000

IQ PL Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Gdańsku (80-298), ul. Geodetów 16, KRS 0000007725, Sąd rejestrowy: Sąd Rejonowy w Gdańsku VII Wydział KRS, kapitał zakładowy: 140.000 PLN, NIP 5832736211, REGON 192478853

Does this mean reporting this spam is a futile exercise since "The ticket can never be authorized"?

Thanks!

An auto response to a spam report can be frustrating.

In addition to the spam report that resulted in this (these) auto replies, the offending IP may have been added to the blocklist which is used directly and indirectly by others to filter ALL email from this source.

You can check the IP by clicking on the <Statistics> tab on the SpamCop.net website.

Getting any response from an ISP is a step up

On 12/15/2019 at 10:36 AM, captkirk said:

Does this mean reporting this spam is a futile exercise since "The ticket can never be authorized"?

My understanding is that the from address on each report changes as it appears to be the number is the report ID.  Some ISPs like this authorize only the full address.  The deputies might be able to work something out with the ISP.  Under the circumstances, might just be an autoresponder that sends it to the bit bucket.  Like Lking says, that this may be added to the blocklist.

On 12/21/2019 at 7:49 AM, gnarlymarley said:

My understanding is that the from address on each report changes as it appears to be the number is the report ID.  Some ISPs like this authorize only the full address.  The deputies might be able to work something out with the ISP.  Under the circumstances, might just be an autoresponder that sends it to the bit bucket.  Like Lking says, that this may be added to the blocklist.

Hetzner.de is basically the same. I manually reported to their listed abuse address and received a reply to report through their website. (After of course having went through the trouble of reporting it to them in the first place — SMH)
No wonder they ended up in the /dev/nul list...

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, RobiBue said:
On 12/21/2019 at 6:49 AM, gnarlymarley said:

Hetzner.de is basically the same.

I meant to say the from address that would be sent to the ISP when you click the send spam reports button is unique and contains the report ID that goes to the ISP.  It should would be nice if the ISPs could setup a unique address or method to accept spamcop all reports without the requiring their users to sign up.