received graphics not being displayed

Good afternoon; When a person sends me an e-mail with pictures attached as text/html , I am not ablt to see them. The code data (numbers and symbols etc) is there but the pictures are not. I have gone over my preferences in spamcop and on my main pop server e-mail account and I have not been able to find a switch or filter that needs to be set. My friend who also uses spamcop does not have this problem so I'm wondering if I have something set that filters these out. I would sure appreciate any suggestions that might help me with this. as a side note, if a person sends me a jpg file I am able to download them and view them through whatever graphics viewing prgram that I have. thanks in advance

cap lund

Tucson

spamcop.net,May 30 2005, 05:20 PM]When a person sends me an e-mail with pictures attached as text/html, I am not able to see them.

28687[/snapback]

Do you mean that text/html is selected as the content type for the image attachments? Text/html is not the right attachment format for images. Text/html is for HTML documents. For jpg pictures you should use image/jpeg.

Do you mean that text/html is selected as the content type for the image attachments? Text/html is not the right attachment format for images. Text/html is for HTML documents. For jpg pictures you should use image/jpeg.

28688[/snapback]

Yes. I thought so too,however the sender states that every one they send their e-mails to get the pictures ... I'm stumped.

spamcop.net,May 31 2005, 07:21 PM]Yes. I thought so too,however the sender states that every one they send their e-mails to get the pictures ... I'm stumped.

Just so things stay on the "same page" .... This statement suggests that you are missing something in your received e-mail. However, your first post stated that "all the code and bits were there" ...????

As a spam fighting tool, handling e-mail in a 'text-only' mode is the normal 'safe' way to do things. It's the inclusion and allowance of allowing web-page scripting / commands into that text-only environment that has led to all the famous explots, security issues, and compromised computers. From this side of the screen, your orignal issue wasn't that stuff was going gone, it was that you wish to handle your HTML e-mail in a fashion other than plain-text. You make no note od what you are using to access the e-mail other than "web-mail" .... have you looked at setting up an e-mail application to 'read' your e-mail? For example, Outlook Express in an IMAP connection?

I'm just a bit confused is all. There are so many ways to "use" a SpamCop Filtered E-Mail account, and your query doesn't seem to suggest that you are really 'using' this account as a filtering mechanism ... as compared to my read that you are looking for a 'normal' condition such that the dancing frogs will show up on your screen, no matter the consequences ...???? Have you been through the Forum FAQ and looked at some of the alternate ways of using the tools you have, for example the "How I Use ..." entry might offer some 'new' ways to handle your e-mail ...???

Archived