Increase in spam out of google lately. Anyone know why?

On 6/25/2020 at 1:48 AM, KNERD said:

How about this guy?

The  Thunderbird client has it already included, and will sent it to your junk folder (if it detects the email as spam).

Oh wow that's incredible!  Good to know too.  Makes me feel like all the time I waste reporting spam might actually go somewhere and do some good.  We need more like that guy.  

Now what about all the spam that comes out of other countries?  (or at least seems to.)  Our courts mean nothing to say China or Russia.

On 6/19/2020 at 2:14 AM, Hanco said:

Separately, noticed a significant uptick in 419 Scammer emails. They often have a US phone number on them so I report the number to the FTC. I also call it (my number withheld) and if it sounds like the guy was asleep I repeat every few minutes at my leisure, put on a voice, ask stupid questions, generally really waste their time. I might be a sadist in this respect...I don’t feel at all guilty about doing it 😂

My phone company has a special number that I can call that will disable callerID.  Hopefully you also have this option to block callerID enabled, so they are not able to retaliate to your number. if they can see the callerID....

Just dial *67 before dialing out.   That will block your caller id.

Keep in mind, some people can also block calls coming in from blocked caller ids. 

• 3 weeks later...