Is there a SpamCop Outage

petzl

12 minutes ago, Lking said:

Petzl I just logged in for here.

Just logged in now but very slow?
Seems back to normal now could of been my VPN having a hernia?

21 hours ago, petzl said:

Just logged in now but very slow?
Seems back to normal now could of been my VPN having a hernia?

Seems Opera Browsers won't connect
FireFox works no trouble

1 hour ago, Lking said:

That sounds like a security/permissions setting.

I never changed nothing worked fine for years?
Can't see nothing?

On 7/7/2020 at 2:31 PM, petzl said:

Seems Opera Browsers won't connect
 FireFox works no trouble

maybe not the problem, but a possibility.  If I recall correctly, there used to be a setting in opera that would allow bidirectional usage of other people's internet.  I think it was there to enable a faster download of other people on your same ISP to use their cache to download webpages faster.  If this option was enabled, maybe it could have contributed to the issue.

7 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

maybe not the problem, but a possibility.  If I recall correctly, there used to be a setting in opera that would allow bidirectional usage of other people's internet.  I think it was there to enable a faster download of other people on your same ISP to use their cache to download webpages faster.  If this option was enabled, maybe it could have contributed to the issue.

Opera is still doing this but comes right mystically?
Turning VPN off has no effect
Possibly another WIN10 feature,
Goes back to normal by closing browser and restarting?

K found ADBlocker (extension) has had a ''genius" annoying downgrade!
Top right hand corner small "x" has appeared 
One has to click that to so site will open
You have to do this almost every web page you now visit

Found how to turn this feature off un-check
Block ads and surf the web up to three times faster "Learn more"

Edited by petzl

On 7/9/2020 at 3:12 PM, petzl said:

Opera is still doing this but comes right mystically?
Turning VPN off has no effect
Possibly another WIN10 feature,
Goes back to normal by closing browser and restarting?

I wonder if the off button is not working since it appears to only work for a little bit on restart.  I wonder if you would be able to do something like a traceroute through the VPN.  Here is my thought, back in May I experience an ISP issue on IPV4 where this forum became an island.  During that same time, other people on this topic were able to get to the forum just fine.  It maybe possible that verizon or some other ISP is still having issues, but ones that only affect certain internet destinations.  I imagine it works on startup until the opera VPN has a chance to connect.  If you could do a traceroute both through the opera VPN and also when it is disabled, you might be able to see where the problem is.  (When I had my problem for a few weeks, I did notice that there was a 15 min time window during the day when it would work normally.)

11 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

I wonder if the off button is not working since it appears to only work for a little bit on restart.  I wonder if you would be able to do something like a traceroute through the VPN.  Here is my thought, back in May I experience an ISP issue on IPV4 where this forum became an island.  During that same time, other people on this topic were able to get to the forum just fine.  It maybe possible that verizon or some other ISP is still having issues, but ones that only affect certain internet destinations.  I imagine it works on startup until the opera VPN has a chance to connect.  If you could do a traceroute both through the opera VPN and also when it is disabled, you might be able to see where the problem is.  (When I had my problem for a few weeks, I did notice that there was a 15 min time window during the day when it would work normally.)

I did nothing this started happening by itself (have now "fixed it") had do go through the myriad of options to find it.

A while ago were getting DNS leak seems Opera had put in/disclosed my ISP's DNS IP had do go through the myriad of options to find it.
Getting old and blind, I'm afraid.

There is a problem with the utterly stupid believing that a Virus/Malware detector is not needed!
My VPN has "3285+ servers in 48 countries" I like using the Sydney servers but they are becoming blocked because of malware infections by the useless
Gozi malware to be exact
not using protection. Windows Defender, one has already paid for. presently second to none. just requires turning it on!
But any would do than just nothing

Edited by petzl

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 8:45 PM, petzl said:

I did nothing this started happening by itself (have now "fixed it") had do go through the myriad of options to find it.

This is the problem with internet islands where you can travel from your house to either island, but you cannot travel directly from one island to another.  This is where your ISP is working, but your VPN's ISP would not have been talking to SpamCop's ISP.  When someone at those ISP found out there was a problem, they could fix it.  This is why the problem started happening by itself and would have fixed itself.  (Most of my internet traffic goes through about five different ISPs between my computer and the server.)

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, KNERD said:

Who would want to use that Chinese Spyware?

Used to be Norwegian?
Just looked it up on Wikipedia
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with additional offices in Europe, China, and Africa
They also have an office in India

4 hours ago, petzl said:

Used to be Norwegian?
Just looked it up on Wikipedia
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with additional offices in Europe, China, and Africa
They also have an office in India

A Chinese consortium has bought the Opera internet browser for $600 million (543 million euros), its Norwegian developer said Monday, after a public share offer for the company failed.

https://phys.org/news/2016-07-chinese-consortium-opera-browser-mn.html

3 hours ago, KNERD said:

A Chinese consortium has bought the Opera internet browser for $600 million (543 million euros), its Norwegian developer said Monday, after a public share offer for the company failed.
https://phys.org/news/2016-07-chinese-consortium-opera-browser-mn.html

OK 😮 I use a VPN and delete cookies plus fake names not sure what Opera can get from me?

20 hours ago, KNERD said:

Chinese Spyware?

Probably better to know beforehand your spyware is sending rather than to find out later that google chrome and microsoft edge are uploading your data too.

Edited by gnarlymarley

11 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

Probably better to know beforehand your spyware is sending rather than to find out later that google chrome and microsoft edge are uploading your data too.

Given up worrying I think?
"Federal Investigators Are Issuing Warrants for Google to Turn Over Anyone Typing in Certain Search Terms"?
Facebook to me are the worst, sort of pressured by friends to put-up a Facebook page with real name, also put up a Gmail with realfullname]AT]Gmail.
Not even used it but next day got a phishing spam from Russian crime gang,
(Cyrillic writing on their hard drive, with drive encryption malware I used their source IP to log into their hard drive)
Took ages for them to stop bugging me, I were getting youtube to remove their promotional bitcoin videos.
Seems to me Facebook sell info to dubious people, be careful of Facebook AD's a lot of scams always use PayPal they refund on non-delivery.

Edited by petzl

15 hours ago, petzl said:

Given up worrying I think?
"Federal Investigators Are Issuing Warrants for Google to Turn Over Anyone Typing in Certain Search Terms"?
Facebook to me are the worst, sort of pressured by friends to put-up a Facebook page with real name, also put up a Gmail with realfullname]AT]Gmail.
Not even used it but next day got a phishing spam from Russian crime gang,
(Cyrillic writing on their hard drive, with drive encryption malware I used their source IP to log into their hard drive)
Took ages for them to stop bugging me, I were getting youtube to remove their promotional bitcoin videos.
Seems to me Facebook sell info to dubious people, be careful of Facebook AD's a lot of scams always use PayPal they refund on non-delivery.

That's why I stopped using Goolag and the spyware Chrome many years ago, along with other Chromium based browsers.  I now use mostly Mozilla based forks such as Waterfox, or I use WebKit based on Linux.

Not sure what the government expects to find on an illegal fishing expedition, as people should know by now Goolag heavily censors, and manipulates their search results.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:56 AM, gnarlymarley said:

Even stopped using Chrome when it was forced over to being Chromium based. I think Windows 11 in general is going to be worse. I understand will require a MS account to log in.