Bounce flag set

I've had the "bounce flag" set for my (paid email) spamcop email account twice today; it has never been set before. The details (if you could call them that) were

Subject:

A test message to the bouncing address -- my spamcop address -- came through quite quickly.

If it never happens again, I won't mind. How can there be a bounce issue with messages to my spamcop address that's my fault (rather than the fault of the spamcop email system)? Is there a way to find out more? Thanks.

How can there be a bounce issue with messages to my spamcop address that's my fault (rather than the fault of the spamcop email system)?

29529[/snapback]

Simple answer is there can not be such a problem as long as you changed nothing. The bounce flag is not telling you that you did anything wrong, only that reports were bounced. It is possible that the spamcop email system had problems today, or that the spamcop reporting system had problems reaching the internet or that some system between the west coast and east coast that was to handle the packets was having an issue.

I've had the "bounce flag" set for my (paid email) spamcop email account twice today; it has never been set before.  The details (if you could call them that) were

Subject:

A test message to the bouncing address -- my spamcop address -- came through quite quickly.

If it never happens again, I won't mind.  How can there be a bounce issue with messages to my spamcop address that's my fault (rather than the fault of the spamcop email system)?  Is there a way to find out more?  Thanks.

29529[/snapback]

The SpamCop email system is the best available. In the unlikely event of issues and or expected issues, it would be announced here Latest events are posted on your WebMail logon

I would also expect to see others raising like/similar email problems in this "newsgroup" if problem was other than yours or those trying to send to you

I'm in Sydney Australia and all my SpamCop Email arrives with spam being put accurately in my spam folder and only virus free and legitimate email put in my Inbox (which "Outlook Express" checks without fail every 10 minutes)

Archived