Release & Whitelist not working

ob1db

Glad to see it on the webmail pages, finally. One problem: DOES NOT WORK! Appears to take action but item remains in the list and is not released for forwarding.

I, too, just noticed the "release and whitelist" option. I had high hopes for it, as it's been somewhat aggravating to have to white list and then manually move the messages to the "inbox." Unfortunately, on my two messages that I tried it on, it did not work. :( I don't know if it failed to whitelist, failed to move or failed both. I'm assuming it simply failed to move. Hopefully Jeff can get this figured out and put in the fix! I just renewed so I have faith he'll fix it! :-)

NM, appears to have been fixed, it IS working now. Maybe was JUST implemented when I tried firts time ???

I dont know why it worked for you, but about the same time as you were posting, I attempted to use it and it did not work. :(

Ok... I just tried it again and it *still* did not work for me. Something weird just happened though... I had two messages selected and manually tried to move them both at once into my "inbox" and got the response "one message released successfully" and was put into my inbox. When I got back to the "held mail" folder, the other message was still there and I was able to manually move IT to the inbox this time... I'm hoping that was just a fluke and not the wave of the future, as that's just as bad as having to white list and move in separate actions!

The new system has very little testing. I believe it to be safe, in that a message will never simply disappear. If it fails to work on all emails, though, I need to know about that.

If you have an email that refuses to release, please leave it alone and email me with the details. That would be very helpful.

Thanks

JT

What exactly is the definition of "Release"?

If I have forwarding enabled to my ISP, will release get it sent there? Moving messages from Held mail to the INBOX did not get them delivered previously. That is one reason I have switched to POPping my SpamCop account.

I assume if I don't have forwarding enabled, that it will end up in my INBOX.

My understanding of "Release" is that the SpamCop Email System should take the message and do with it what it normally does with whitelisted email, either deliver to your INBOX or forward (as you have specified).

That would have been my definition as well, but I also expected that if I moved a message from Held Mail to the INBOX and had forwarding enabled, that the message would get forwarded as soon as it hit the INBOX. That did not happen, which is why I asked for the clarification.

Perhaps either jefft (who has access to the code) or someone who currently had forwarding setup (who can perform a real world test) can chime in here with the answer. I would have to change too many things (unforward ISP account, forward spamcop account, tst, undo changes) to answer a (for now) hypothetical question.

Archived