Byezeebyes!

hucker

Oh dear, looks like the admin can't handle anything suggesting their service is useless!  Let's close the topic and ignore it!  CHILD!

spam is here to stay, live with it.

Kind of a silly remark. This admin left the crap in place. Yes, the Topic was closed as there was no point in continuing that wasted effort.

What this Admin says now is .... take a hint. You've made your point, others challenged it, you appear not to want to take the time and educate yourself with all the data provided. So here we go .. this Topic will be moved to the Lounge area. It will be left open so you can choose to respond if you really feel the need. But, be advised ... starting more Topics like this in a "Help" Forum will cause some manipulations on your account parameters.

Kind of a silly remark.  This admin left the crap in place.  Yes, the Topic was closed as there was no point in continuing that wasted effort.

What this Admin says now is .... take a hint.  You've made your point, others challenged it, you appear not to want to take the time and educate yourself with all the data provided.  So here we go .. this Topic will be moved to the Lounge area.  It will be left open so you can choose to respond if you really feel the need.  But, be advised ... starting more Topics like this in a "Help" Forum will cause some manipulations on your account parameters.

29657[/snapback]

Why would I care about my account parameters? I've already stated that reporting spam is a waste of time, and that this "tool" is inaccurate.

Why would I care about my account parameters?  I've already stated that reporting spam is a waste of time, and that this "tool" is inaccurate.

Thanks for the opportunity to try out some other features of this Forum application.

I like learning new things <g>

I, for one, have had just about enough of this 'ucker.

29660[/snapback]

Agreed. At this point, he's made it clear he has no use for SpamCop nor its helpful users and supporters. So, why should we continue to entertain his posts? Hell with manipulation of account parameters - why not just delete it altogether?

Agreed. At this point, he's made it clear he has no use for SpamCop nor its helpful users and supporters. So, why should we continue to entertain his posts? Hell with manipulation of account parameters - why not just delete it altogether?

29663[/snapback]

Because either:

a) He's an idiot.

or

B) He has too much time on his hands

First step was to moderate posting.  Last two posts were 'approved' .. However, the "no one will see" is a bit in error.  I'll call this the last testing of the waters of the verbiage found in paragraph 11 of the TOS seen at http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html

29669[/snapback]

Ok, no opinions or rudeness, just a link.

10 out of 10 of the results when I did a simple search for "spamcop" in google groups showed negative feedback:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=spamcop&hl=en

Ok, no opinions or rudeness, just a link.

10 out of 10 of the results when I did a simple search for "spamcop" in google groups showed negative feedback:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=spamcop&hl=en

29670[/snapback]

10 samples from "Results 1 - 10 of 1,700,000" makes a point? That list of results includes folks posting elsewhere with a spamcop.net address, the NANAE stuff is legion .. go back 4 to 6 years and look at the numbers of folks that were going to write an application that would put the SpamCop tool-set to shame ... look around at all those alternative tools ... funny thing is that they (still) don't exist. Even Steve Atkins of SamSpade fame (a set of tools I also use) made the claim way back when that he was going to write an app that would show just how stupid Julian actually was .. but can only point out that SamSpade hasn't itself been updated in years ... Whereas the SpamCop tool-set is always being massaged to handle the continuing crap the spammers keep coming up with to trip it up.

no idea what you're trying to do here ... but you have definitely worn out your welcome here. It's already documented that you failed to handle your end of the agreement in using the tool set, you apparently dailed to even attempt the MailHost configuration, something that had a side-effect of helping to reduce the exact problem you started your rant about, you said adios, threw up your hands in disgust, yet .... again, you've made your point about being unhappy ... move on ...

Maybe I'm not using your tool correctly - but it's apparent that many people don't, and consequently spamcop ends up doing more harm than good. My guess is there are a lot of people who come here as they see an easy way of sending reports without any hassle. Why not consider improving things? Defaulting all checkboxes that spamcop itself isn't sure about to off for example. Then if it does go the wrong way, it's entirely the user's doing. I also saw people complaining you were using inaccurate places to do lookups.

Then if it does go the wrong way, it's entirely the user's doing.

Funny, that's exactly what's been pointed out to you over and over .... it is the user of the tool that is responsible for the results and actions.

I also saw people complaining you were using inaccurate places to do lookups.

Yeah, sure ... as if there are thousands of different places to get WHOIS results. For someone that hasn't the time to read through the FAQ, there seems to be a lot of time available for trying to dig up bad thoughts .. yet, strangely, that's as far as the story goes ....

If you had an actual complaint, that'd be something.

Funny, that's exactly what's been pointed out to you over and over .... it is the user of the tool that is responsible for the results and actions.

29691[/snapback]

Maybe so, but there are admins getting annoyed by large quantities of incorrect spamcop reports. Spamcop could do something about this.

Yeah, sure ... as if there are thousands of different places to get WHOIS results.  For someone that hasn't the time to read through the FAQ, there seems to be a lot of time available for trying to dig up bad thoughts .. yet, strangely, that's as far as the story goes ....

29691[/snapback]

It didn't take me long to type in "spamcop" on a google groups search. To be honest I was not expecting quite that much negativity in there!

Actually not, you were just as supperficial as in your spamcop reporting...putting the card before the horse. Read that again, most negative statements are from munchkin trolls like you or annoyed spammers. >99% of statements are positive. Do you need a reading lesson too? Unfortunately this forum was not designed for that, but any book store can provide you with <how to> books!

Archived