BLOCKED IMPROPERLY

brucemc

The concept of blacklists on dynamic IP addresses is a grossly negligent act, to which by your system I just fell victim. I will do all I can to be a proponent of legislation to make systems such as SpamCop subject as a direct violation of code with fine and to make your firm equally or greater liable, when employed on any system over a defined size as to eliminate any potential harassment of individuals. Your profiteering at the public's expense is repugnant.

Your profiteering at the public's expense is repugnant.

29728[/snapback]

I know this is a rant, but...

The reporting is available for.... FREE

The resulting blocklist is available for.... FREE

There is very little profit.

Now, if an end user machine is sending spam onto the internet, why should people accept email from that machine?

BTW, your posting address is:

No recent reports, no history available

x.x.x.x not listed in bl.spamcop.net

Posting the address in question would reveal exactly why the address was listed.

The concept of blacklists on dynamic IP addresses is a grossly negligent act

Listings on the SpamCop Blocking List are very temporary. Your ISP has been identified as Comcast, and THAT'S your problem...not SpamCop. Comcast is the "negligent" party, in that they're doing almost NOTHING about all the crap spewing from the thousands and thousands of infected PC's on their network. You're barking up the wrong tree...go get a better ISP first.

I will do all I can to be a proponent of legislation to make systems such as SpamCop subject as a direct violation of code with fine  and to make your firm equally or greater liable

Good luck with that....it ain't gonna happen.

DT

The concept of blacklists on dynamic IP addresses is a grossly negligent act

So there is a reason why you cannot use Comcast's smtp server?

to which by your system I just fell victim.

I believe you have that backwards, all the people that reported spam from your IP were the victims.

I will do all I can to be a proponent of legislation to make systems such as SpamCop subject as a direct violation of code with fine  and to make your firm equally or greater liable, when employed  on any system over a defined size as to eliminate any potential harassment of individuals. Your profiteering at the public's expense is repugnant.

Sounds like a new TV show:

America's Funniest Losers

Was looking to allow 24 hours for the original poster to make it back and possibly supply some of the missing details. another hour or so left ... after that time, I'd say any Moderator in the area should go ahead and move this to the Lounge area and leave it as a simple rant ...

Was looking to allow 24 hours for the original poster to make it back and possibly supply some of the missing details.  another hour or so left ... after that time, I'd say any Moderator in the area should go ahead and move this to the Lounge area and leave it as a simple rant ...

29759[/snapback]

Done

Your ISP (Comcast) will be in trouble with the legislative bodies, not SpamCop. Despite tens of thousands of reports sent to them over time they refuse to make any effort to control their customer's behavior on the network.

Despite tens of thousands of reports sent to them over time they refuse to make any effort to control their customer's behavior on the network.

29870[/snapback]

Not to mention the fact that they don't even respond to their own customers as to what they're doing about spam originating from other Comcast subscribers. I emailed them 4 days ago and have yet to hear anything back.

Archived