Can't log in to POP3 server

JerryS

This has been mentioned in another thread http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=448

under the subject: Webmail Login fails, Unable to login to webmail

It seems like the POP server is down as I can see port 80 open, but not 110. I have not seem any message that JT has been notified, however.

Norton  :unsure:  is often the culprit after it updates

Happens to me once in every while then you lose POP ability (reboot is the answer)

Which Norton product does this?

If it's on a PC running WinNT or better, have you tried just restarting its Service?

I'm not experiencing this symptom.

And to clear up what I was posting... I do not have a POP client available to me here, so I was doing manual testing from my Win2K box...

And I still get the same result, so that may be on my side:

telnet pop.spamcop.net 110

Connecting To pop.spamcop.net...Could not open a connection to host on port 110

: Connect failed

I had also done a port test for POP3 and came up empty, so I ASSUMEd the service was having problems when no one posted here or in the other thread it was working.

PLEASE forgive me? :rolleyes:

don't feel too bad . I had finished up typing in a response in another Topic here, hit the "add reply" button .... little blue progress bar seemed to take forever, then I got sent to an error page, talking about the SMTP error I'd just ran into ?????

Did a "Back" click, and got shown a screen to "add a reply" and the one I'd just sent was showing as the most recently added comment ..???

There may yet be something found that's runnin 'round <g>

Norton  :unsure:  is often the culprit after it updates

Happens to me once in every while then you lose POP ability (reboot is the answer)

Which Norton product does this?

If it's on a PC running WinNT or better, have you tried just restarting its Service?

Norton Anti-Virus 2003 on WIN98 auto updates and then POP stop working (sometimes)

Archived