Starting Mailing List?

I am taking over a parent's discussion list for my daughter's school. I would be forwarding small announcements, some in HTML form, to about 250 addresses daily. Will SpamCop webmail let me do that, or should I take advantage of my ISP's offer to add a new mailbox and do it from there?

My apologies if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it by searching this forum...

I'll agree with Jeff G. .. although it may be possible, I don't believe the (SpamCop filtered e-mail account) service / pricing was structured for use as a mailing-list source, especially based on your "daily" description .... and lord help you if any of that e-mail gets reported ..... I'd suggest going ahead with your ISP's offer ...

I'll agree with Jeff G. .. although it may be possible, I don't believe the (SpamCop filtered e-mail account) service / pricing was structured for use as a mailing-list source, especially based on your "daily" description .... and lord help you if any of that e-mail gets reported ..... I'd suggest going ahead with your ISP's offer ...

30361[/snapback]

That's what I've done. My ISP offers another mailbox and a distribution list manager, with a maximum of 250 names to a list. My new mailbox doesn't have the SC forwarding, and the school's list, after I'd removed all the duplicates, came to only 198.

Thank you both for your input! :D

Archived