IP Block, however this is not listed on the Blocking List

Design2enjoy

Dear all,
we have unfortunately a problem because of the blokierung of the server IP address, however this is not listed according to SpamCop Blocking List.
Here is the error message:
550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [144.76.110.144] blocked using
bl.spamcop.net (in reply to RCPT TO command

How can this problem be solved?

LG Design2enjoy

Hmmm, seems there is a problem with the blocking list.  I dropped a note to deputies[at]admin[dot]spamcop[dot]net and I hope it goes through.

C:\>dig 444.333.222.111.bl.spamcop.net any

; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> 444.333.222.111.bl.spamcop.net any
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 37143
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;444.333.222.111.bl.spamcop.net.        IN      ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
444.333.222.111.bl.spamcop.net. 1493 IN A       91.195.240.87

;; Query time: 27 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.16.1#53(192.168.16.1)
;; WHEN: Sun Jan 31 08:53:18 2021
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 64

C:\>

SpamCop always has returned an IP in the localhost range.  My fear is something may have been cached for a period of time and I hope this doesn't take a few days to resolve.

The spamcop.net domain expired on Jan, 31 2021 today and for a few hours it was parked at Sedo Domain Parking.

Parking DNS resolvers at Sedo answered all wildcard of *.bl.spamcop.net with IP 91.195.240.87. Misconfigured email services not verifying the meaning of bl.spamcop.net's answer codes to be 127.0.0.1/8 and blocking emails regardless, were amplifying the bad consequences of this outage.

Unfortunately, as of now, neither the spamcop.net team or someone from the Cisco communication staff has issued a public statement or apology for the disruption of such world-wide significant service outage, likely caused by negligence or hard to excuse mindless cut cost.

Dear Cisco, Spamcop is a significant service since 1999 even collecting paid subscription for volunteer submissions. I am ok with that if it is properly maintained and work as intended, but here it clearly failed in a very bad way.

Edited by leagris

I've just searched Error 403 on the forum and found this post, as my IP address via WiFi is blocked from access to all SpamCop related websites (including this forum).

If I access via my phone's data plan (or VPN) however, there's no issue. I can send spam reports &/or login successfully. Glad (or frustrated) to see it's not an issue with me alone. Hopefully this gets sorted soon (obviously).