I am not a 3rd party

I know at one point the spam cop system knew that our address was the admin address for these domain names.

but something has changed as now we are listed as a 3rd party with intrest.

Has any one else had this problem, or is this just me ? :)

We did recently switch our accounts around, but also I am not really sure what the differences are between the two, or is it just a display thing ?

[delete] 209.58.232.0 209.58.233.255 Third party interested in daily aggregate summary reports

[delete] 209.58.234.0 209.58.235.255 Third party interested in daily aggregate summary reports

[refresh] 209.58.236.0 209.58.237.255 Administrator found from whois records

[delete] 209.58.236.0 209.58.236.255 Third party interested in daily aggregate summary reports

[delete] 209.58.237.0 209.58.237.255 Third party interested in daily aggregate summary reports

[delete] 209.58.238.0 209.58.238.255 Third party interested in daily aggregate summary reports

Thanks

You may want to look at the following link:

You are mailbombing me! How can I make it stop?

SpamCop FAQ : Help for abuse-desks and administrators :

You are mailbombing me! How can I make it stop?

Note, SpamCop now features a way to refuse or accept each type of report individually. So if you get a lot of erronious "web hosting" report, but you still want to be alerted to abused open relays on your network, you should use the new report selection preferences.

You either converted an existing roporting account or generated a new "ISP account" .... What you really wanted to do was identified in your Topic in the New Features Forum.

How can I get SpamCop reports about my network?

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/94.html

How can I control what type of reports I receive?

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/266.html

John has not yet updated the abuse.net entry.

Sorry guys I did all of those things, the question I was asking was, is there a time period before the system figures out that I am infact the same user that is listed on the ARIN registration, like do you place the entry in the db and have a cron job that goes out every so often and make the distinction of who is 1st party and who is 3rd party.

I just recently updated abuse.net, so it should have updated information shortly

I have no idea who abuse[at]nyi.net or why they would be listed as a responsible party of this ip block or our others.

30555[/snapback]

Not said was whether you'd brought up this issue, or simply sent in an "add a new address" request.

Sorry guys I did all of those things, the question I was asking was, is there a time period before the system figures out that I am infact the same user that is listed on the ARIN registration, like do you place the entry in the db and have a cron job that goes out every so often and make the distinction of who is 1st party and who is 3rd party.

30597[/snapback]

Just ran a query, the 'adam' address came up again, did another refresh, fot the nyi and postmaster affress again .. as stated above, abuse.net has not updated the records. Abuse.net is checked based on the action sequence of choosing the smaller IP block, then seeing that there was something other than a 'role' account for a contact address.

Bottom line, this is a routing issue. One suggestion was to place your qiery/request for a manual override into the news://news.spamcop.net/spamcop.routing newsgroup. There was a second suggestion to contact the Deputies directly. The result of either of these actions (given that sufficient data was provided and they agree) will be that a database change will be manually inserted. Yes, there'd be some time for that data to propogate.

As stated above, the third-party thing was based on the ISP account generated.

As to the post deleted while I was starting this response, the subject of another forum section had already been ftought up by one of the Moderators. Since this Forum was spawned, there really hasn't been cause for this. Most ISPs/Admin folks come here based on managing to get listed on the BL, so the majority of dialog is handled in that section. As far as report 'problems' .. the reports themselves contain a link to a web-page that links to other data, offers status input on the spew issue, and even a dispute link ... nothing relevant for forum discussion for the most part. Routing issues are still handled via the newsgroup set up specifically for that purpose. I'm not yet convinced that a new Forum section is yet required with a title of Admin/Network support.

How can I get SpamCop reports about my network?

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/94.html

30590[/snapback]

Hi Guys!

This snippet of info reminded me that I needed to set up an 'ISP Account' for the mailservers I administer.

No problems, worked as intended except I was daft enough to use my Spamcop Email address and now my reporting account has become an ISP account so I can only do the quick reporting.

I can't immediately find the contact for the appropriate person to refer to change my settings. Every link I click in the FAQ brings me back to the forums.

Can anyone point me to the right contact so I can get back to where I was and start again?

Embarrased

Andrew

:ph34r:

No problems, worked as intended except I was daft enough to use my Spamcop Email address and now my reporting account has become an ISP account so I can only do the quick reporting.

I've not heard this before. Usually, the complaint is that the ISP account doesn't let one report anything. How were you able to even quick=report?

I can't immediately find the contact for the appropriate person to refer to change my settings.  Every link I click in the FAQ brings me back to the forums.

I'd sure like to understand that also. The changes I've made to the FAQ list here have been tested with IE, FireFox, Opera, Safari .... I can't come up with how a link in that list would throw any browser back to the Forum ....????

Can anyone point me to the right contact so I can get back to where I was and start again?

This would normally go to Don at service <at> admin.spamcop.net

I've not heard this before.  Usually, the complaint is that the ISP account doesn't let one report anything.  How were you able to even quick=report?

30640[/snapback]

When I login to what is now the ISP account I have an option to look at held mail. In the same way as ever there is the check box by each message and the drop down list at the top which includes the so-called quick reporting option. Selecting that claims to report the messages <_< :-)

I'd sure like to understand that also.  The changes I've made to the FAQ list here have been tested with IE, FireFox, Opera, Safari .... I can't come up with how a link in that list would throw any browser back to the Forum ....????

30640[/snapback]

My imprecision with language. Sorry. I was looking in the Spamcop.net FAQ not the forum FAQs. Despite being a forum regular my first thought was to look in the FAQs where the ISP set arose.

This would normally go to Don at service <at> admin.spamcop.net

30640[/snapback]

Thanks for this. Much appreciated.

Andrew

As to the post deleted while I was starting this response, the subject of another forum section had already been ftought up by one of the Moderators.  Since this Forum was spawned, there really hasn't been cause for this.  Most ISPs/Admin folks come here based on managing to get listed on the BL, so the majority of dialog is handled in that section.  As far as report 'problems' .. the reports themselves contain a link to a web-page that links to other data, offers status input on the spew issue, and even a dispute link ... nothing relevant for forum discussion for the most part.  Routing issues are still handled via the newsgroup set up specifically for that purpose.  I'm not yet convinced that a new Forum section is yet required with a title of Admin/Network support.

30600[/snapback]

That makes sense, at the time I remember thinking that all of the other topics seemed specific to other issues, so I just took a stab in the dark, apparently I stabbed in the wrong direction :) hehe

Thanks again for the help.

Archived