Change Request for Invision Power Board

turetzsr

...If I remember correctly, it used to be that when a moderator moved a thread from one forum to another (and there was a subsequent post to that thread), there would be one entry in the "Posts since your last visit" list representing the forum from which it was moved (with the Topic Title prefixed with "Moved:") and another representing the new forum location. For the past version or two, the line representing the "from" location now shows the new location. In other words, we've lost information somewhere along the line of product enhancements. Example (note: periods are for spacing, only):

Topic Title........................................Forum....................Topic Starter...Replies...Views...Last Action
Moved: I'm Blocked--Can I get a copy of headers?...SpamCop Blocklist Help...durandel........--..........--````25th July 2005 - 06:38 PM
I'm Blocked--Can I get a copy of headers?..........SpamCop Blocklist Help...durandel.........4..........23....25th July 2005 - 06:38 PM

...Wazoo, as a participant in the IPB forum, could you please enter a request to have the line representing the "from" location show the "from" forum name after a move by a moderator? TY.

Edit: change CODE to CODEBOX to avoid line wrapping.

Invision Power Services > Company Product Development > Invision Power Board > Invision Power Board Feature Suggestions

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showforum=224 is open to all (though registering with a valid e-mail address is needed) ...

Actually you may want to do this anyway to see what's coming. I don't use that function, so would probably do a poor job at re-typing anything .. and because I've not used the function, I'm not sure I can relate to what was and what is now ... the current situation is that this forum is at version 2.0.4 with a few changes ... the IBP forum is currerntly at 2.1.0 BETA 3 ... Matt (the lead programmer) is working at a couple of versions beyond that ...

Trying to say that it may be too late for any major code change for the current version, but there may yet be time to impact the next release ...

Archived