Locking/Closing Topics (was Defnitly time for a FAQ Forum)

Wazoo

Sorry, I don't have the power to create a new forum, but I do like the idea.

Well, if JT won't run with the idea, the only alternative would be for you to go ahead and add in several Pinned items up there ... Why am I blocked, How do I ....., I was falsely accused, ..... on and on .. just a bit bad that it'd be the top of the page everytime into the forum ... but again, making it hard for the "I didn't see it anywhere" description ....

And, I'd assume that you'd want to see if the Locked button works. Head off those that would read the FAQ and then just start typing in their query because it made no sense <g> Force them to go back to the Forum to add in the conversation stream.

And, I'd assume that you'd want to see if the Locked button works.  Head off those that would read the FAQ and then just start typing in their query because it made no sense <g>  Force them to go back to the Forum to add in the conversation stream.

Sorry, I can't lock a Topic. I can Close one, though. I think I'll try that.

And, I'd assume that you'd want to see if the Locked button works.  Head off those that would read the FAQ and then just start typing in their query because it made no sense <g>  Force them to go back to the Forum to add in the conversation stream.

hehehehehe, you lied <g> back to semantics, it appears. Yep, sure reminds me of the good old BBS days, always trying to figure out why a "named function" did this in one app, but something entirely different in another app ...

hehehehehe, you lied <g> back to semantics, it appears. Yep, sure reminds me of the good old BBS days, always trying to figure out why a "named function" did this in one app, but something entirely different in another app ...

Sorry, there is inconsistent documentation. The bottom of the Forum says the symbol is "Locked", but the Moderation Listbox Option says "Close this topic" and the "ADD REPLY" Button is replaced with a dimmed "CLOSED" Button.

Archived