[Resolved] Fuel Added???

dhoots

I added fuel to my account today for the first time. I can't see anywhere that it has been added. What do I do to make it "kick in"?? Please don't yell at me if this is in the FAQ. I looked and looked and can't find it.

31521[/snapback]

Well, I will "yell" at you about posting your query in the Forum section titled FAQ Under Construction with a description of "Please do NOT post any general questions in this Forum." Pointing out that even the timing was bad, catching me trying to complete the SpamCop Forum FAQ, being driven by a user with issues over the last dozen or so hours ....

Post is being moved to the SpamCop Reporting forum section.

You added fuel "today" ..... you don't say "how" ... you don't say whether charges have been applied ro a credit card, moved from a PayPal account, etc. .... You say there's nothing in the FAQ, yet I recall placing some items there ... there's also an old Announcement about changes in a security handling issue that has some data ... the general answer would be that when you log into your www.spamcop.net web page, there should be a listing of your remaining fuel ....

Geeez. Sorry to have bothered you today. Could you demean me a little more and perhaps kick me in the gut??? Why don't you just call me a f*&king idiot.

I added fuel via credit card on PayPal. I see the charges on my PayPal account. I will wait and see if the fuel shows up when I log in. If it doesn't I'll grovel for more help. After all, I did send you money.

After all, I did send you money.

31526[/snapback]

You sent "me" nothing. You missed all the data existing the in FAQ here, which I update all the time. You ignored the "peer-to-peer support by volunteers" notice that I placed at the top of most forum sections. You posted with a query but provided essentially no data to work with. Lack of data forces assumptions or questions .... assumptions not a good idea when money is involved, so some of the missing data was tossed out. Let's get specific here, seeing as you seem to be in such a fine mood .... How To Ask Questions The Smart Way (language issue, but there really is only one defintion for RTFM)

Geeez. Sorry to have bothered you today. Could you demean me a little more and perhaps kick me in the gut??? Why don't you just call me a f*&king idiot.

I added fuel via credit card on PayPal. I see the charges on my PayPal account. I will wait and see if the fuel shows up when I log in. If it doesn't I'll grovel for more help. After all, I did send you money.

31526[/snapback]

...Okay, I'll assume you did pay (or, at least, try to pay) and are therefore entitled to the additional demeaning you requested: there is a little note above the post entry box that reads, "The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)" Or, to put it another way: you did not send any money to Wazoo -- he's a volunteer! :) <g>

...That said, I see nothing in Wazoo's reply to justify your reaction (by the way, I think we all appreciate your attempt to disguise your use of profanity -- not everyone does that!). He explained that you posted in the wrong place and even explained why, then he indicated that additional information was needed from you to try to answer your question.

What an extraordinary response. I came here to ask the same question. I am also concerned that I made a payment for an annual subscription, but now see an estimated monthly charge - (I don’t have the time or inclination to detail what nasty little link from your system took me there.)

I certainly did make a payment and will be contacting my card company to affect an immediate charge back, as I have no wish to have dealings with a company that obviously regards its customers with such disdain.

Always worth checking Google Group postings before parting with ones hard earned money.

Yours disappointedly

Sir John Goldsmith

http://www.oldmap.co.uk

Can anyone ever take a company that likes 'clickable smilies' seriously?

Can anyone ever take a company that likes 'clickable smilies' seriously?

31629[/snapback]

And again, while this area was created by SpamCop for support, that support is provided, as is their preference, by the users of the services provided. We are in no way associated with SpamCop except most of us are happy customers. Sometimes those 'clickable smilies' can indicate that the person is trying to make a joke, perhaps to lighten the mood.

Now, to your problem, you are aware there are 2 different types of paid accounts. One is a $30/year charge for a spamcop email account and unlimited spam reporting, which sounds like what you may have signed up for. The second is a reporting only account where you buy "fuel" for the amount of reporting you will be doing. This is mostly the same as the free reporting only account without the delay after you paste your spam into the window. THis is the type of account being described above.

Which type of account did you sign up for? If you are dis-satisfied with the service, there is a reference in the FAQ about how to obtain a refund (if the charge did get processed). That should be the first step before "contacting my card company".

Thanks for this Steven - perhaps you would be kind enough to let me have the url to the  faq section you refer to.

Hope that lightens the mood for you . . .

31642[/snapback]

It does...you still have not answered which service you wish a refund for, so the best I can do is point you to the FAQ entry: How can I contact a SpamCop representative? Entry to the FAQ is at the top of the window you are reading.

The direct link is: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/401.html If you are talking about an email account, a search in the Forum for "refund" will reveal the address to use.

perhaps you would be kind enough to let me have the url to the  faq section you refer to.

I am unable to find it, no doubt I expect due to my own stupidity!

31642[/snapback]

At the very top of the page, SpamCop FAQ listed twice .. one opens up a new browser instance, one slides the current browser instance to the new web page .... in the Forum sections, there is a Pinned entry linking to the FAQ, also followed by the words "read before posting" .... can it be asked how many more places might be needed to "offer the URL" to the FAQ?

company that obviously regards its customers with such disdain.

Have no idea where you come up with that. You've followed the same path as the original poster, unfortunately. As stated above, there are multiple types of accounts, the paid types include two different entities, handled by two different offices (for lack of a better word) So for starters, the type of account you query about has yet to be identifed. In both cases, for anyone here to make a query to the money folks, much more data would be required .. specifically the 'proof of ownership of the account" type data that isn't available in the postings made here. So rather than go through a number of e-mails/PMs .. much easier to point 'you' to the FAQ in which the question/answer has already been published so the issue can be handled in a single request.

That's more like good customer service.

May I suggest your regular moderater is perhaps in need of a holiday?

31650[/snapback]

Sir John, Don is the first employee of Spamcop you have encountered here. The moderators here are all volunteers.

This moderator was actually on vacation when you first posted.

Snippet of an e-mail to/from Don;

31697[/snapback]

Thank you Don...It is nice to see official representation here once in a while. The rest of us do what we can and hate bothering you without all the necessary information, but sometimes that information is harder to extract than an impacted molar ;)

Archived