[Resolved] SpamCop Maintenance Window -- Date Change

Ellen

SpamCop Maintenance Window:

** Please note change of date **

The SC reporting system will be down Tuesday August 23, 2005 starting at approximately 10AM PDT -0700 for a period of 6-8 hours. No mail/spam will be lost; it will be queued until maintenance is completed. You may notice some delays as we process the queued mail when the system comes back up.

This maintenance window does NOT affect the SpamCop email system.

Thanks.

*****Reminder:******

The system will be going into maintenance mode some time after 10AM PDT -0700 for a period that we expect to last for 6-8 hours. The reporting system website will show a maintenance message. The system will not be parsing spam while in maintenance mode so any spam that you submit via mail or "report as spam" will be queued for later processing. It will then take the servers some time to work thru that backlog so expect slower responses to spam submission for some number of hours after the system comes back up. Mail to deputies and to other role addresses will be queued while the system is down and answered after it comes back up; this will put us behind in responding to mail but it will all get answered as we plow thru it.

The SpamCop *email system* will not be affected by this maintenance window.

Ellen

SpamCop

The Maintenance Window closed over five hours ago and yet the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service is still showing the following:

SpamCop.net

SpamCop down for maintenance

SpamCop Mail system is working normally.

To check your Held Mail, please login to webmail at http://webmail.spamcop.net/ and switch to the Held Mail folder in the upper right corner.

The Maintenance Window closed over five hours ago and yet the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service is still showing the following:

31936[/snapback]

As of right now,

News: (Last Modified: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:49:10 AM -0400) (Email-account news)

System Maintenance Completed Thanks for your patience during the maintenance window. A couple of issues we encountered resulted in a longer than anticipated outage. The system is now up and operational. You may notice slight delays as we work thru the backlog of mail. If you encounter any problems or oddities, please post to the newsgroups, the forums or contact us in the usual way.

The Mailhost Configuration Feature of the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting System is currently not working correctly.  Please see http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4769 for details.  Thanks!

31942[/snapback]

Jeff: Just to clarify before people get too worried (I know I did). The failure is in the configuration of new mailhost entries. Existing entries apprear to be working fine during the parsing procedure.

Jeff:  Just to clarify before people get too worried (I know I did).  The failure is in the configuration of new mailhost entries.  Existing entries apprear to be working fine during the parsing procedure.

31945[/snapback]

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear - I posted what I believed at the time. Steven is correct, the problem is with configuration of new Mailhosts.

Ellen posted "There are no backlogged mail queues at this time" to the Newsgroups about half an hour ago.

Archived