Two Malicious Files Detected On SpamCop.net

Lodewijk

This is not a feature request, but a request to see these scan results of SpamCop.net.

Scroll down to see the result here:

https://scanner.pcrisk.com/detailed_report/www.spamcop.net#details

I did that scan because I first got a warning from Malwarebytes Browser Guard when accessing the SpamCop website. Supposedly a Trojan was detected by the latter.

Edited by Lodewijk

14 hours ago, Lodewijk said:

I did that scan because I first got a warning from Malwarebytes Browser Guard when accessing the SpamCop website. Supposedly a Trojan was detected by the latter.

Now that is funny.  They are calling the list of IP spammy ranges as trojans?

15 hours ago, Lodewijk said:

Malwarebytes

Stopped using it because of to many false positives for me.
Might be ok for you. Sometimes pays to try a different one?

• Lodewijk changed the title to Two Malicious Files Detected On SpamCop.net

I used the same Scanner.PCRisk again which uses Quttera, and now it reports "Clean." (Wonder if someone had it cleaned or reported it as a false positive.)

https://scanner.pcrisk.com/detailed_report/spamcop.net#details

The Malwarebytes Browser Guard is free, and I rather be safe than sorry. If it would flag a false positive sometimes among the great majority of reall detections, so be it. Then one can always double check and report it to them if it was indeed a false positive..

On the AV-Comparatives site they report 7 false positives were found testing Malwarebytes Premium (a full protection suit now, no longer just a scanner) which is not much, and some other well known brands had more (and some had less)

"False Alarm Test" https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/false-alarm-test-march-2022/

Also Malwarebytes Browser Guard does no longer give that Trojan warning for SpanCop.net

Edited by Lodewijk

5 hours ago, Lodewijk said:

Malwarebytes

Probably react to complaints and fix many problems.

Right now I use spyhunter but only their free version.
Had problems with signing up they started charging multiple times',
even now their sign in price, it is made a yearly charge at a much higher price than you signed up for.
So cancel any forced subscription straight away, usually get offered a much better deal when due.

• 2 weeks later...