What does this thought provoking coda mean?

trpted

What is a provoking coda? What does the thought provoking coda mean? Should I reply to the person who sent this? If so, how? Or should I report as abuse to the admin of the server?

Thanks in advance.

PS. If wrong area to post this. Please just move it.

A thought provoking coda.

It's IRC, if you go in to see if there's a channel, the channel will be
created just for you, and such is the way with old internet technologies.

If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody around........

And just what IS the point in having a party without any dancing girls ?

Really, if you feel a need for a chat channel, feel free to create or takeover
one. nobody else would appear to be interested.

And if this is really what you would deem Serious, I'd hate to imagine how you
would deal with personal tragedy, serious depression or some kind of addiction.

I'm missing the context in this. First answer, fire up Google, type in "define: coda" (without quotes) ....

How to report ..??? part of the missing context, assumedly it's not an e-mail based on that you've been around for a while. If really IRC, it's doubtful you'll see any action taken, especially with only this bit of data provided.

So this is a reply to a thread in which you posted which possibly was also emailed to you.   Could you explain exactly why you brought this to the spamcop support forum?

32071[/snapback]

Is it abuse? What a person find that affending? I do not find it affending right now (Reason: I do not know what the user, in plain straight / regular english, just said).

Is it abuse? What a person find that affending? I do not find it affending right now (Reason: I do not know what the user, in plain straight / regular english, just said).

32074[/snapback]

ComputerWise FAQ?

I have received a spamming or abusive email from someone on this board?

Whom do I contact about abusive and/or legal matters related to this board?

32074[/snapback]

It may be abuse (see Wazoo's post) but I would rule it is not reportable throught spamcop. The closest match I would go with (even though it may not be an argument, per se)

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/14.html

Some examples of messages which should not be reported as spam:

Email flaming you from someone you are in an argument with.

So this is a reply to a thread in which you posted which possibly was also emailed to you. Could you explain exactly why you brought this to the spamcop support forum?

32071[/snapback]

32074[/snapback]

...Are you perhaps confusing abuse of a person (you) with abuse of an e-mail network? IIUC, personal abuse via e-mail is not reportable via SpamCop, as it is not UCE (unsolicited commerical e-mail) or UBE (unsolicited bulk e-mail); UCE and UBE are abuses of the e-mail network. However, you can (and probably should) certainly manually report such personal abuse to the abuse desk of the relevant authority that "owns" the server where you posted and perhaps also to the ISP or MSP of the person who sent you the "abusive" e-mail.

Archived