Help...I have followed the new steps but...

mommamia_64

I followed the steps in the process of registering my yahoo email address according to the new rules and have not received any email from SpamCop to finish the process so my account is still disabled! I have only one email address, I forward to Outlook Express, could that be the issue? We use Choice one DSL service...Can anyone help?

I followed the steps in the process of registering my yahoo email address according to the new rules

What "new rules" ????

and have not received any email from SpamCop to finish the process

This sound like you migt be talking about a MailHost configuration ...?

so my account is still disabled!

This would suggest that you might be talking about something else, but not sure what.

I have only one email address, I forward to Outlook Express, could that be the issue? We use Choice one DSL service...Can anyone help?

32335[/snapback]

More confusion .... you have "only one email address" ... which you start out your post by talking about a Yahoo e-mail address.

One doesn't "forward to Outlook Express" ... OE is an e-mail/news client that picks up its data by connecting to an e-mail/news server.

Based on including Choice one, I'm going to guess that you meant that you are forwarding your Yahoo e-mail to your Choice one e-mail account (and using OE to then retreive that e-mail from Choice one)

Let's start a bit further back. Can you better explain the "my account is still disabled" problem? When was it 'disabled'? What error messages did you receive that said it was disabled?

If you are sending e-mail to the Yahoo account, have you actually checked that account to see if that e-mail is in the Bulk/Junk folder? (have you checked settings to ensure that you don't also have it set up to automatically delete any e-mail landing in the Bulk/Junk folder?)

Well maybe not new rules...it is the Mailhost configuration I guess

I do retrieve my yahoo email via outlook express, and I have my yahoo account set not to send mail to the bulk mail file so I know that spamcop has not emailed me with further instructions...when I log on to spamcop it says "your account has been disabled" This happened after I got the email from them about changing the Mailhost configuration.

Well maybe not new rules...it is the Mailhost configuration I guess

Guessing doesn't help much in trying to sort out the issue.

I do retrieve my yahoo email via outlook express, and I have my yahoo account set not to send mail to the bulk mail file so I know that spamcop has not emailed me with further instructions

Not sure what "instructions" you might be looking for ,,,,

...when I log on to spamcop it says "your account has been disabled" This happened after I got the email from them about changing the Mailhost configuration.

32438[/snapback]

The SpamCop FAQ (linked to at the top of every page, Pinned entry at each Forum section entrance ...) has a coupel of entries that may be applicable ... not for "us" to guess at what might be the reason ....

What if I break the rule(s)?

Why was my authorization revoked?

This happened after I got the email from them about changing the Mailhost configuration.

Figuring out what e-mail you might be talking about there would also take some guessing from this side of the screen. What exactly did this e-mail say?

Archived