Any way to auto delete some spam?

I filter all my emails via my spamcop account which then auto forwards clean emails to my secret email account with my ISP. Every day or so i login to the held email and free up any that are legit. I tend to get around 40-50 junk mails a day and almost no false positives.

It seems i can set up filter rules to delete certain emails if i am using spamcop as a proper mail client and these are run when i login but it doesnt seem to be possible doing it the way i am.

Some of these spams are so obvious I would like to just auto delete them and never see them again.

Is it possible to do this? The existing filter rules seem to have what i need but i want them automatically applied in real time.

Unfortunately this is not currently possible. Numerous people have requested that it be added as a new feature.

You may what to add your input to the new feature request forum.

I use the SpamCop email in a similar fashion and it would be helpful if the filters could be run without having to log into WebMail.

I believe part of the problem in making this work is that the standard filters (which seem to be linked to VER interface) seem to run on a different server than the personal filters that are tied to the WebMail interface. I can not state this as fact, but it seems to be the case from what I have been able to determine.

I believe part of the problem in making this work is that the standard filters (which seem to be linked to VER interface) seem to run on a different server than the personal filters that are tied to the WebMail interface.  I can not state this as fact, but it seems to be the case from what I have been able to determine.

32437[/snapback]

I believe it is more correct to say that the standard filters run on the mail as it is being delivered to the INBOX, whereas the Webmail filters only run when the Customer is actually using Webmail.

Jeff G. stated it clearer than I did, but I believe the reason that the filters are run at different times is because they activated by a different set of servers.

And said another way, The WebMail interface acts like a local mail client and not a mail server and is therefore unable to run its filters until it is activated (logged into) by the individual user. (Again, this is my belief, not fact)

Is it possible to do this? The existing filter rules seem to have what i need but i want them automatically applied in real time.

32431[/snapback]

If you can set up a IMAP connection with your email clent you can easily delete from your VER folder

Archived