Problems with logging in

cwroblew

I logged in first thing this morning. SUbmitted a spam message. When I went to submit another I got redirected to teh login screen and my login wouldn't work.

Just about 1/2 hour ago (it took a while to figure out - and I'm not sure - the right forum to post) I managed to log in again and submit ONE spam message. Again when I went to submit another, I got redirected to the login screen and my login wouldn't work.

This time I requested a password change. Got it and still couldn't log in.

:(

I tried logging into my SC reporting only account and it brought up an error screen, briefly, about SQL errors.

Since then I keep getting prompted for the username and password. Sometimes every few screens, sometimes every time the screen refreshes. I tried changing the password, just in case, but no change.

Is anybody else seeing this, or have I somehow broken my account?

TIA

...Hmm -- one Friday ([Resolved] Problems with logging in) and one today.  Pretty suspicious!

32627[/snapback]

Actually merged these rwo .. looked at a third one, but that user seid problem resolved by using another login URL, so a bit different (?) .... PM sent about the Move/Merge ...

Noting that there is yet another posting in the spamcop.help newsgoup this morning, Ellen chose to reply to that one with a "Replied by e-mail" ... so not sure what the status is on that one.

I tried logging into my SC reporting only account and it brought up an error screen, briefly, about SQL errors. .... I tried changing the password, just in case, but no change.

SQL errors indicare that there is a database issue. The actual error message usually offers a suggestion as to that/where the error is. Simply stating that "there were errors" doesn't help much from this side of the screen to come up with what was going on. Just a heads-up though .. if one sees SQL error messages (again, usually hinting at database errors) it really isn't wise to then try to "modify" the database .. (trying to change passwords and such) ...

Kicked a note upstairs pointing out the multiple instances of this "failure" issue.

SQL errors indicare that there is a database issue.  The actual error message usually offers a suggestion as to that/where the error is.  Simply stating that "there were errors" doesn't help much from this side of the screen to come up with what was going on.  Just a heads-up though .. if one sees SQL error messages (again, usually hinting at database errors) it really isn't wise to then try to "modify" the database .. (trying to change passwords and such) ...

Kicked a note upstairs pointing out the multiple instances of this "failure" issue.

32631[/snapback]

If it had displayed longer than a fraction of a second, I'd have provided the error. Sadly the screen auto-refreshed and all I could remember was the key word SQL :( What happened (from memory) was:

1) Click on the bookmark to take me to the reporting page

2) Provided username and password

3) Screen briefly appears mentioning SQL

4) Screen refreshes and prompts for username and password again

That it was a one off (that is, once I'd logged in it didn't appear again) made me assume a transient error. Changing the password hasn't made any difference to the problem.

Still seeing it this morning, though fortunately the cookie based login works just fine - it's only the HTTP auth method that's providing intermittent failures.

I'm good at finding the unknown  :)

However, whatever the problem was it's not happening now.

32661[/snapback]

I have been unable to login to the reporting site for an hour or so. It keeps asking me to resubmit my login info. Its 12:32 PWT right now.

rod

boundary bay, bc

I'm experiening problems with the web-based reporting system right now. When trying to go here:

http://mailsc.spamcop.net/

which is where I report spam, I'm being taken here:

http://www.spamcop.net/denied.shtml

which indicates a problem. I'll do some investigating on my end and try to find out what's going wrong.

edit: I see that I'm not the only one....the web-based reporting is officially broken. I had submitted a spam when it wasn't broken, but now that page is displaying raw HTML, including this:

<div class="error">Cannot open database connection in putRow</div>

DT

I have been unable to login to the reporting site for an hour or so. It keeps asking me to resubmit my login info. Its 12:32 PWT right now.

32717[/snapback]

I'm having the same problem... I use SpamDeputy and I reported a bunch of spam earlier today, and a couple one-offs later on and then recently I attempted to report another one and it hung my SpamDeputy session. I then tried to log in with Netscape from my Win2k Pro box using mailsc.spamcop.net and my SpamCop mail login and password, which failed. Then I tried again on the same URL with Mozilla from my remote linux box and had the same luck -- none. I then tried IE6 from my desktop here at work (windows 2000) and was unable to log in. It definitely appears to be something with the authorization as I can "quick-report" from the SpamCop mail system, but cannot log into the SpamCop reporting side.

Here's further proof...the system is indeed down:

Subject: system down  15:25:00 -0400

Newsgroups: spamcop,spamcop.geeks,spamcop.help,spamcop.mail

Followup-To: spamcop

The system is down -- we have ops looking at it. No ETA yet. Please

propagate as needed.

Ellen

SpamCop

There looks like there have been some changes made to WebMail which have broken the links to the password files shared between the reporting system and the mail system.

From within WebMail, if you click on the Report spam Icon in the menu bar it now opens up a user name / password entry box and it no longer accepts the current password. The site being transfer to is mailsc.spamcop.net

If you click on the HeldMail Icon in the menu bar, it no longer transfers you the the VER interface, but simply changes to the held mail folder with in WebMail.

If you try to reset the password I got the following error message:

No user found for input: xxxxx (user name munged)

PS it took to long writting this, DavidT's messages was not posted yet when I started it.

Will have to wait for the system to come back up

...Looks like it's back, now!

32735[/snapback]

Nope. It's not. I just tried to report some spam and SpamDeputy hung on me, so I closed Outlook and the SD window, re-opened Outlook, viewed the source of the spam and tried to submit it manually and got the following error:

<html><head><meta HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=http://www.spamcop.net/denied.shtml"></head><body><h1>401 - Authorization Required</h1><a href="http://w

:(

Can anyone spell DDoS????

32721[/snapback]

Actually, big bucks are still being spent on the use of the Akamai connection, so a DoS or DDos is pretty much way out of the 'norm' ...

Nope. It's not. I just tried to report some spam and SpamDeputy hung on me, so I closed Outlook and the SD window, re-opened Outlook, viewed the source of the spam and tried to submit it manually and got the following error:

32745[/snapback]

Hit my shortcut once again to verify ... page came right up from here ...????

Nope. It's not.

<snip> got the following error:

<html><head><meta HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=http://www.spamcop.net/denied.shtml"></head><body><h1>401 - Authorization Required</h1>

<snip>

32745[/snapback]

...Afraid you may be jumping to an unwarranted conclusion -- the fact that you are still having a problem is not a conclusive contradiction of my assertion that it's back. For me, it is working, and it could not work for anyone if it weren't back! :) <g>

Nope. It's not. I just tried to report some spam

32745[/snapback]

Well it is working from here so the system itself is up.

You were not one of the people who tried to reset their password while it was off-line, were you? That could leave your password in an unknown state depending on what needed to be done to get it back on-line.

Well it is working from here so the system itself is up. 

You were not one of the people who tried to reset their password while it was off-line, were you?  That could leave your password in an unknown state depending on what needed to be done to get it back on-line.

32752[/snapback]

Nope. Matter of fact, I'm still having issues this (Thursday) morning.... If I use the SpamDeputy plugin to get the source of the email, I can report, I just can't report directly from Outlook for some reason. I previously did not have the password for the mailsc website saved in my Netscape browser, but after getting prompted for my username and password about 3 or 4 times while trying to process one spam email manually, I did save it and have not been prompted since. The problem is that this is a work PC and I don't like saving my passwords on this system... even if it *is* Windows 2000 Pro.

Archived