No reporting addresses found for 190.92.179.156

These sites are all hosted by a2hosting.com (all have the same site page content “Business Casual” template, with same stock “family photo” image). The spammer creates the domains with Namecheap registrar the day they send spam, or up to 3 days before they send their spam mails. 

Example site name/domains at 190.92.179.156:
5369555.vip
ryanpage.website
wanaolaomaod.art
eoniolsa.pro
zltaxafa.cloud (behind 172.67.169.142 but was visible at 190.92.179.156: on 6 November)

a2hosting does have a reporting address.

EXAMPLE SPAMCOP OUTPUT:
Parsing input: http://5369555.vip

No recent reports, no history available
Host 5369555.vip (checking ip) = 190.92.179.156
Display data:
"whois 190.92.179.156@whois.lacnic.net" (Getting contact from whois.lacnic.net)
whois.lacnic.net 190.92.179.156 = abuse@a2hosting.com

Cannot find ip range in whois output
No reporting addresses found for 190.92.179.156, using devnull for tracking.
Statistics:

190.92.179.156 not listed in bl.spamcop.net
More Information.
190.92.179.156 not listed in cbl.abuseat.org
190.92.179.156 not listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net

No valid email addresses found, sorry!

On 1/13/2023 at 1:36 AM, Hanco said:

No valid email addresses found, sorry!

There are several possible reasons for this:
The site involved may not want reports from SpamCop.

I have seen the "Cannot find ip range in whois output" with the IPv6 whois for LACNIC, but not with IPv4. I think this question is something else like petzl says "The site involved may not want reports from SpamCop.":

Reports disabled for abuse@a2webhosting.com
Reports disabled for support@a2hosting.com
Reports disabled for abuse@a2hosting.com

• 1 month later...

Hey I have been suddenly getting 6 or more a day from this a2webhosting or hosting.com site.   Of course spamcop comes up with the dreaded devnul meaning they don't care.   I tried forwarding directly to them replacing the # for @   which USUALLY works but not for them.  It comes back with I have to sign in, log in, create a ticket.

So fine, I sent in a comment through their site, and got back a reply to ATTACH a text version of the full header which is just another time consuming step.  But I did.

In fact I then attached several more and sent them all individually.   I started just replying to that and pasting in the full header info.

And I get NOTHING back, the spam is continuing,  

Spamcop.    Isn't there ANYTHING people can do?    How can companies refuse spamcop complaints when none of us can refuse the spam.

How about you get rid of the devnul thing and report their crap anyway?   

Lastly, I looked them up and OH MY GOD it appears they are in the states.  MY STATE no less.  (Michigan)   Unless that's fake too.   I'd very much like to drive there and walk in armed.     (Yea don't get your knickers in a bunch, only talking here.   It's a nice idea though.)

1 hour ago, ArtmakersWorlds said:

Hey I have been suddenly getting 6 or more a day from this a2webhosting or hosting.com site.   Of course spamcop comes up with the dreaded devnul meaning they don't care.   I tried forwarding directly to them replacing the # for @   which USUALLY works but not for them.  It comes back with I have to sign in, log in, create a ticket.

Need a SpamCop Tracking URL at TOP of page BEFORE you submit or in the dark?
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6796324856z92e4a4d4454d22c4f2a16bb8e35bc09az

Edited by petzl

On 2/25/2023 at 5:21 PM, petzl said:

Need a SpamCop Tracking URL at TOP of page BEFORE you submit or in the dark?
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6796324856z92e4a4d4454d22c4f2a16bb8e35bc09az

THIS????   SpamCop v 5.4.0 © 2023 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6801030765za16437821fc5e8de38b9c5d900c28c90z
Skip to Reports

Well I tried that traceroute link, put in the a2 hosting thing, and got back this.   

"Uh Oh, Something Broke! Error Getting Results"

"Need to report to American Cert."

HOW and WHY?   I don't know what those links are for let alone what I'm suppose to do with them.  And have little to no faith that ANYONE cares.   (Kinda like being on the do not call list and reporting the MANY TIMES I get spam calls.  Useless.)

And WHY and HOW does ANY company manage to just "devnul" spamcop complaints?    The links in the last one I got point to twitter, and spamcop actually shows a reporting address of "twitterdoesntcareaboutspamcomplaints"  UNBELIEVABLE!
I can't ignore the spam, I have to sift through it to find real messages.  (Such as the notice that someone replied to THIS thread.  Yup it landed in the spam folder.)
So how about NO COMPANY can just ignore complaints.    Send the damn things anyway?   Maybe if every piece of spam they send comes back as a complaint, they just might deal with it.  (We can start that list with google.  Yet this a2 hosting thing has just surpassed the google influx of spam)

There, I vented.   Onto something more productive.

6 hours ago, ArtmakersWorlds said:
Need to report to American Cert."

HOW and WHY?   I don't know what those links are for let alone what I'm suppose to do with them.  And have little to no faith that ANYONE cares.   (Kinda like being on the do not call list and reporting the MANY TIMES I get spam calls.  Useless.)

You need to report to American Cert Federal Agency
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
there are no working  reporting addresses for 216.137.179.138
You need to FORWARD (include headers and text body) from your email account to "info[AT]us-cert[DOT]gov"

https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies/computer-emergency-readiness-team

The other is to send the SC URL
With reason to the blackhat providers "a2webhosting" facebook page telling them they refuse spam/abuse reports?
https://www.facebook.com/a2webhosting/

Edited by petzl

And what good would that do?   I report all my fake calls to the do not call registry.   Keep getting them over and over.   US government agencies don't give a flying rats behind.

I keep sending to spamcop, for what ever good that does.  

Why doesn't SPAMCOP forward these to the US dept of homeland security?  

Nah, easier at this point to just delete.

I did post a comment on the facebook page, for what little good that will do.

I also wrote a review on "trustpilot."  Here.  https://www.trustpilot.com/users/63fa7b5a7a60510015d64d1e

And a2 posted a lame reply to forward spam to their abuse department.   I HAVE BEEN.   It's so far done NOTHING.

3 hours ago, ArtmakersWorlds said:

And a2 posted a lame reply to forward spam to their abuse department.   I HAVE BEEN.   It's so far done NOTHING.

They react to my complaints because I do it properly!
You just moan and groan
You have done this? They want it from the/your email address that received it!
I looked at thee links they were already removed from the time you posted here?
Thank you for contributing your feedback with A2 Hosting. We appreciate your effort to help make the internet a better place. Please send any abuse related requests directly to abuse[AT]a2hosting[DOT]com with the full email headers. Our team will review any reports and act accordingly.

When I previously report fake calls, I saw nothing being done. Now I add a note that "I believe the callerID was spoofed" and it appears they might be doing something about it.

When reports go to devnull, they still feed the blocklist. With enough reports it prevents everyone from using their service and then they start to react. With the SpamCop DNS issue, a lot of people stopped using the blocklist, so this appears it does not have the same pull it used to.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:22 PM, ArtmakersWorlds said:

And what good would that do?   I report all my fake calls to the do not call registry.   Keep getting them over and over.   US government agencies don't give a flying rats behind.

I keep sending to spamcop, for what ever good that does.  

Why doesn't SPAMCOP forward these to the US dept of homeland security?  

Nah, easier at this point to just delete.

I did post a comment on the facebook page, for what little good that will do.

I also wrote a review on "trustpilot."  Here.  https://www.trustpilot.com/users/63fa7b5a7a60510015d64d1e

Well it’s reassuring to read that I am not the only one being bombarded with this junk and a2hosting is the host of the fraudulent scamming spammer customer!

I even spoke to them and they were pretty unclear what they were doing about it all. It’s very obvious there is a determined spammer behind this crap and they are not being handled appropriately or quickly enough.

On 3/5/2023 at 7:22 AM, gnarlymarley said:

When reports go to devnull, they still feed the blocklist. With enough reports it prevents everyone from using their service and then they start to react. With the SpamCop DNS issue, a lot of people stopped using the blocklist, so this appears it does not have the same pull it used to.

I do keep reporting, so hopefully this blacklist is real.