Is the filtering service broken?

mikeobrien

5 hours ago, mikeobrien said:

I haven't gotten any email via Spamcop since last night some time.  My actual mailbox is working fine.  Anyone else seeing this problem?

Sent a test not bouncing but not yet received?
Now 3 hours nothing?

Edited by petzl

I did receive a mailbox bounce for my gmail account, but when I tested it, it worked, so I went ahead and claimed "problem solved" and was able to parse and send reports.

Bounce error
Your email address, x-x-x-x-x@gmail.com has returned a bounce:
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Reason: 5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550-'5.7.26 The MAIL FROM domain [bounces=

Please ensure your email account is reliable, then click below:
[Problem Resolved]
News: (Last Modified: 12/10/2022, 11:15:23 AM -0600)

albeit I do not receive confirmations, so it is possible that SC is blocking gmail....
(as this is already the second time I have had to reset the bounce count...)

Edited by RobiBue
added (...second time...)

1 hour ago, RobiBue said:

I did receive a mailbox bounce for my gmail account, but when I tested it, it worked, so I went ahead and claimed "problem solved" and was able to parse and send reports.

Bounce error
Your email address, x-x-x-x-x@gmail.com has returned a bounce:
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Reason: 5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550-'5.7.26 The MAIL FROM domain [bounces=

Please ensure your email account is reliable, then click below:
[Problem Resolved]
News: (Last Modified: 12/10/2022, 11:15:23 AM -0600)

albeit I do not receive confirmations, so it is possible that SC is blocking gmail....
(as this is already the second time I have had to reset the bounce count...)

This is to do with SpamCop email not forwarding email to accounts

Mine is a Gmail one.

I understand, and that's why I mentioned it: it was a report (or multiple actually) I sent from my gmail account to SC,
and SC always sends me a confirmation email when the parse is ready...
but I never got one, so I went to the SC reporting page and lo and behold, there was that message about the bounce...
so yes, it's about SC email not being able to forward (or send in my case) emails to gmail...
SC did receive my submission, but wasn't able to send the confirmation parser links back...

I'm just thinking: could it have to do with the actions taken in this YouTube video https://youtu.be/GEbn3nHyKnA?
the video is probably a bit overdramatized, but I noticed some "spam" mentioned in there...
and it's (cough cough) google and (cough cough) cloudflare...

I don't see on the help pages anywhere we can check status or post system outages.

Or email, call or contact a admin or real person

I think I clicked on a link to report this issue and it brought me to another link that I submitted.

This does not seem to be going anywhere.

Might be time to move off Spamcop. I converted my compuserve.com email to spamcop way back when.

7 minutes ago, Lking said:

Have you tried Richard W on the <Staff> page?

I am a user/volunteer and only have access to the forum.

Sent a web page report via the help section, Monday morning in Australia.
Sunday in U.S.

Edited by petzl

I've had this "your email is bouncing" message too.

I just looked up the error code in the bounce, 5.7.26 and it says "This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass authentication checks (SPF or DKIM). To best protect our users from spam, the message has been blocked." - see https://support.google.com/a/answer/3726730?hl=en

This suggests a problem at the SpamCop end.

I sent a message through https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/401.html so hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Our apologies. This should all be fixed now, save some propagation. 

Last week Ops moved our servers around to new IP addresses. A mistake was made in the SPF record for our main nat IP, 184.94.240.88, listing .89 instead. This resulted in gmail and many other services rejecting mail due to spf fail.

On top of this, the IP ended up on the Spamhaus XBL, resulting in many many more systems rejecting mail from that nat.  The IP has been removed from XBL so any ongoing issues with that are likely cache related.

The SPF record was fixed overnight and I'm seeing system mail into my Gmail account so gmail has opened the gates.  Any other systems with ongoing issues could be propagation or cache related.

Also, my apologies to those that wrote directly over the weekend and did not receive a reply.  I was working with various Talos teams behind the scenes all weekend. But, because the mail answers were coming from the same nat IP, the same systems not accepting system mail or mail forwards also reject my mail.

3 hours ago, Richard W said:

The SPF record was fixed overnight and I'm seeing system mail into my Gmail account so gmail has opened the gates.  Any other systems with ongoing issues could be propagation or cache related.

Did a test over a hour to @spamcop which forwards to my Gmail -- nothing!

I did a test to my @spamcop.net over 4 hours ago with no emails forwarded to my .yahoo.com account.

Are only a few people using forwarding?

A long time ago I could get my email at webmail.spamcop.net but had to forward all email to another account after a certain date.

I thought forwarding was the only way to use spamcop. I would think there would be more spamcop users screaming this is not working.

13 minutes ago, sgardiner9 said:

I did a test to my @spamcop.net over 4 hours ago with no emails forwarded to my .yahoo.com account.
Are only a few people using forwarding?
A long time ago I could get my email at webmail.spamcop.net but had to forward all email to another account after a certain date.
I thought forwarding was the only way to use spamcop.
I would think there would be more spamcop users screaming this is not working.

Not working for me either!
posted a test 4 hours ago today one yesterday also nothing

32 minutes ago, atarspam said:

I just got a

email, so at least for those messages, this seems to be fixed.

That's ALL it will do!
Does not Forward your SpamCop email to your email account remains still broken.
NEVER a good idea to fix something not broken on a Friday then disappear for weekend.
Tried a new forwarding address got the "[SpamCop] Email Delivery Confirmation"

Please confirm email delivery for SpamCop account:
X
Click here:
Confirmation worked. but still won't forward email to any account you have!

Edited by petzl

13 hours ago, Richard W said:

Our apologies. This should all be fixed now, save some propagation. 

Last week Ops moved our servers around to new IP addresses. A mistake was made in the SPF record for our main nat IP, 184.94.240.88, listing .89 instead. This resulted in gmail and many other services rejecting mail due to spf fail.

On top of this, the IP ended up on the Spamhaus XBL, resulting in many many more systems rejecting mail from that nat.  The IP has been removed from XBL so any ongoing issues with that are likely cache related.

Also, my apologies to those that wrote directly over the weekend and did not receive a reply.  I was working with various Talos teams behind the scenes all weekend. But, because the mail answers were coming from the same nat IP, the same systems not accepting system mail or mail forwards also reject my mail.

Does not Forward your SpamCop email to your email account remains still broken.
Tried a new forwarding address got the "[SpamCop] Email Delivery Confirmation"

Please confirm email delivery for SpamCop account:
X
Click here:
Confirmation worked. but still won't forward email to any account you have!