sigalarm

craigt

I remain hopeful that SpamCop will find a resolution for this issue and we can continue to file reports for ALL spam messages - regardless of the integrity of the links contained in the message body.

EDIT: We are not currently set up for "quick reporting" (whatever that is).

32920[/snapback]

quick reporting - FAQ entry (here) on that was just modified ....

While looking that up, perhaps a look at an entry entitled NEW! SpamCop reporting of spamvertized sites - some philosophy

Please re-read the "work around"  They want you to follow the links you are provided via email for all subsequent reports accepted, reporting those then only Delete all reports when only the problem spams are queued.  If confgured, you can always submit those spams for quick reporting.

32870[/snapback]

I've noticed that for the moment the problem emails have humorous sender names such as "Unconventional P. Legatees" or "Consisted K. Nymphomaniac" or "Unsovent U. Migrates" . . . . Send these guys to "quick reporting" and deal with the others as you will.

You have to look at the preview to find these names in held mail but the other tip-off is that they're selling cheap medicine.

Yes, Please! A "cancel" button on top.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

When I try to submit one report, I got the following message on the bottom of the page:

got sigalarm, taking too long to process, aborted.

Perhaps you can wait a few minutes and reload?

The message in question can be found at:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1100535983z1...cfb2e6a0cb3f9cz

I tried to report some other messages using the links from the spamcop e-mails ([spamCop] has accepted x emails for processing), which all seem to be reported fine.

Using the 'Show technical data'-preference, I noticed the message contains more than one (understatement) unresolvable link. Is there a way to extend the time, or cancel this one message? I hope it's not necesarry to have it canceled, otherwise sp*mmers [hormel trademark :)] have a new way to make it impossible to have messages reported.

Thanks in advance.

When I try to submit one report, I got the following message on the bottom of the page:

got sigalarm, taking too long to process, aborted.

I did the same thing you could have done ..... used the text lin "Search" at the top of the screen, tossed in the word 'sigalarm' ... read through a few of those responses .. pucked this one to merge your "new" Topic into, as there is discussion, suggestions, and answers already existing.

PM sent to advise of the Move/Merge.

...used the text lin "Search" at the top of the screen...

Thought I did. Better C&P next-time. Mea Culpa.

If I read above and understand correctly, the only current solution is to 'Remove all unreported spam' and then re-submit the spam which is lost by this method. And if I still want to report the 'offending' message, use quick-reporting or possibly manual reporting (and truncate the body).

Again my apologies.

I found a solution to just cancel the one breaking message.

I build a little HTML-page with the next few lines:

<form action='http://www.spamcop.net/sc' method='POST'>
<input name=spamid value='1100535983'>
<input name=crc value='1f98b8cff30ee0aeafcfb2e6a0cb3f9c'>
<input name=action value=flexsend>
<input type=submit name=cancel>

The two numbers correspond with the values in the id-part of the url:

www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1100535983z1f98b8cff30ee0aeafcfb2e6a0cb3f9cz

Moderator Edit: parser hack parser hacking

I must say, thats actually a pretty clever little HTML hack there. I'll have to make a note of it in case I run into the same problem at some point.

Thank you, I've build it into a website, for easy access...

http://www.molensky.com/cancelSC.php

The surrounding text is Dutch, but it basically allows a user to either enter just the id-part out of the url in the field SC-id (and have javasc_ipt split it) or split it yourself by using both the other fields.

Archived