Why Am I Blocked FAQ

Miss Betsy

• 1 month later...

Am going to add this note just to bring the Topic back into visible mode for most .. perhaps it's time to start again on figuring this out. On one hand, I saw recently that R.W. had in fact made a change to update the contents of the faq-o-matic, but haven't heard anything from a decision from Julian/JT about opening up access to those pages to 'us' .... There have been some issues lately that really seemed to drive the 'need' for more Forum groups also, but that's another item left hanging .. I believe I'll open up yet another Topic, looking for suggestions on just how many more Forums might be more helpful, how many might be an over-kill ... anyway, this should pop this Topic back up to "current"

What do others think about adding to the FAQ: "If you check the bl and the only reports are to spam traps, please email the deputies for information. They are the only ones who can tell you what kind of email is being seen. The educated guesses are automatic virus notifications, emails bounced to forged return paths, and a compromised machine (SMTP/Auth is common; also check other port logs for outgoing email)"

John has another one - which I have asked him to post in the Lounge so that you can pin it.

Definitely think a FAQ forum would be a good idea with only pinned, read only topics.

Forums Suggestions

Why Am I Blocked? Help (Please keep discussion on Topic)

Spamcop Reporting Help (Please keep discussion on Topic)

Spamcop Email Help (Please keep discussion on Topic)

FAQ (Read Only)

spam Fighting and Other Topics (for anything that is not a request for help with spamcop)

Miss Betsy

What do others think about adding to the FAQ: "If you check the bl and the only reports are to spam traps, please email the deputies for information. They are the only ones who can tell you what kind of email is being seen. The educated guesses are automatic virus notifications, emails bounced to forged return paths, and a compromised machine (SMTP/Auth is common; also check other port logs for outgoing email)"

...Yep, I like this one. It may benefit from some additional verbiage from somone more SMTP-savvy than you or I, especially the last clause.

<snip>

Definitely think a FAQ forum would be a good idea with only pinned, read only topics.

...My only concern on this is the FAQs should be somehow grouped, something like:

• spam Reporting FAQ
  • SpamCop Email FAQ
  • SpamCop Email Setup FAQ
  • Other FAQ

Forums Suggestions

Why Am I Blocked? Help (Please keep discussion on Topic)

Spamcop Reporting Help (Please keep discussion on Topic)

Spamcop Email Help (Please keep discussion on Topic)

FAQ (Read Only)

spam Fighting and Other Topics (for anything that is not a request for help with spamcop)

Miss Betsy

...No objection to these.

...How about a NFR (New Feature Request) Forum/Fora? Maybe one for spam Reporting and another for SpamCop Email?

Archived