What is the logic of this?

dra007

I have recieved an interesting e-mail totay, apparently from the idiots at hinet, or traveling their server in any case:

Tracking URL

Not only it had Spamcop e-mail forged in the header but it contained the following text in the body:

foo foo foo

Content-Length: 0

X-SpamCop-Checked: 192.168.1.105 216.154.195.36 192.168.1.201 218.160.249.32

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked xbl.spamhaus.org

I am totally puzzeled to what this scumbag is trying to tell me...

I have recieved an interesting e-mail totay, apparently from the idiots at hinet, or traveling their server in any case:

Tracking URL

Not only it had Spamcop e-mail forged in the header but it contained the following text in the body:

I am totally puzzeled to what this scumbag is trying to tell me...

34565[/snapback]

First thought was some kind of reply to a report you made (foo to xbl.spamhaus.org type message), but it went to your yahoo address to get to you, so not sure what the point is. It is also a dynamic IP address, so could just be someone playing.

You get some of the most interesting spam ;)

Thanks Steven, I could do with less of this excitement. What struck me odd was the defiant tone of the e-mail.. as if the spammer was telling I know who you are..

I have been getting a lot of med/ sexual content spam lately with little notes like <we are here to stay> and the like, often soon after I report them I am deluged with little repeats of the same spam.. So I don't know what to read into this. Bottom line is that they maybe right, reporting may incovenience them, but does not stop them..

Question is, if they know I am reporting, why are they so persistant..

Question is, if they know I am reporting, why are they so persistant..

34586[/snapback]

Probably because they are bouncing off so many corrupted machines, "they" will never be caught. Those machines may be listed eventually but the actualy source avoids detection.

Now, if we could only modify the viruses enough to provide headers on messages they transfer.... hmmmmmmm ;)

Archived