Mail Rejections

:ph34r:

I am getting mail bounced back from one of our distributers - XMM Ltd, who are one of your clients. They tell me 3Cubed Limited is on your blacklist of SPAMers.

We are not SPAMers, have never been and never will be. You are the only organization that has put our organisation on your blacklist - we do not have any other problem with any other supplier, customer or prospect.

Would you please remove our name from your blacklist immediately and confirm that you have done so. You are adversely affecting our ability to undertake business communications, for no apparent reason. It appears from your forum that we are not the only company that is suffering because of your actions. I concur with the posting from another blacklisted company on your forum that says you are acting as judge and jury with no evidence of any wrong-doing. This is a dangerous game. Please make sure your software is made more (or less?) intelligent and that blacklist decisions are based on fact. Why are we ONLY blacklisted by your organisation? I am only getting rejection messages on mail sends to XMM Ltd.

Please reply by return confirming our name has been removed.

Colin Faragher

Director

3Cubed Limited

United Kingdom

Obviously you didn't read all the forum inquiries about Why am I blocked?

There have been several inquiries where the poster was grateful to forum members for helping them to find the problem - which is, often, a compromised machine.

Also, the Spamcop Help forum is the place to post.

If you will post the IP address there, perhaps someone can help you.

Miss Betsy

Moved from SpamCop Email to SpamCop Help because, while it has something to do with SpamCop, it has nothing to do with the SpamCop Email System.

:ph34r:

I am getting mail bounced back from one of our distributers - XMM Ltd, who are one of your clients.  They tell me 3Cubed Limited is on your blacklist of SPAMers.

We are not SPAMers, have never been and never will be.  You are the only organization that has put our organisation on your blacklist - we do not have any other problem with any other supplier, customer or prospect.

Would you please remove our name from your blacklist immediately and confirm that you have done so. You are adversely affecting our ability to undertake business communications, for no apparent reason.  It appears from your forum that we are not the only company that is suffering because of your actions.  I concur with the posting from another blacklisted company on your forum that says you are acting as judge and jury with no evidence of any wrong-doing.  This is a dangerous game.  Please make sure your software is made more (or less?) intelligent and that blacklist decisions are based on fact.  Why are we ONLY blacklisted by your organisation?  I am only getting rejection messages on mail sends to XMM Ltd. 

Please reply by return confirming our name has been removed.

Colin Faragher

Director

3Cubed Limited

United Kingdom

Sorry but Spamcop does not have a blacklist of spammers. Spamcop does have a list of IP addresses where spam has been reported from but without the IP address or the reject message there is no way to assist you.

3cubed.co.uk = 62.69.64.129

3cubed.co.uk has 2 MX records:

mail.3cubed.co.uk (62.69.81.129)

smtp.businessserve.co.uk (62.69.64.132)

62.69.64.129 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

62.69.64.132 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

Like stated above if you want assistance please provide the rejection text with the IP address.

It could be that you are running an older IMail server... they insert your OWN IP address as the sending address in spam reports (improper Source IP reporting).

Thus, you could have someone in your organization reporting spam, thinking that they are doing a good thing, but if you're running IMail and it's inserting its own IP address as the sending address, they are, in effect, reporting that your own server is the one doing the spamming.

The only way to fix that is to upgrade to the latest version of the IMail server, or to make sure that no one is reporting spam from your organization. Once the spam reports with the improper Source IP reported stop, you'll naturally drop off the Block List.

IpSwitch (the maker of IMail), knows of the problem, but has only fixed it for the newest version.

Hope this helps...

Archived