spamcop webmail reporting

Hi. I am new to spamcop. I am forwarding all of my e-mails to my spamcop address. Then when spam comes in I just hit the "Report as spam". Then I receive a SpamCop Quick Reporting Data.

Is this all I need to do?

Also, what does "Yum, this is fresh spam" mean? Does it mean that it's the first time this particular piece of spam has been sent to SpamCop?

Also I got one that said Cannot resolve: "address". What does this mean?

Is there a place where I can read what all the data in the SpamCop report means?

Thanks,

Voyager

The answers to all your questions (and many others you have not though of) are located in the FAQ here. There are several links at the top of each page here to this FAQ.

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2238

Also, this is being moved to the email forum because it is definitely NOT a How to use...Spamcop Forum entry ;)

Hi. I am new to spamcop.

35597[/snapback]

Hi, and welcome to SpamCop!
I am forwarding all of my e-mails to my spamcop address. Then when spam comes in I just hit the "Report as spam". Then I receive a SpamCop Quick Reporting Data.

Is this all I need to do?

35597[/snapback]

Not exactly. You should make sure that what you Report using Quick Reporting is in fact spam, and you should review your SpamCop Quick Reporting Data to make sure that you are not incorrectly Reporting your own ISP's systems, especially at first. If you want more control over your Reporting, and are willing to spend some time to exert that control, you may be interested in Full Reporting AKA Slow Reporting AKA Queue for reporting. As I wrote at What is Quick Reporting?, "To "Queue for reporting" from Webmail, forward (from the message list interface only, not when viewing any particular message) to your confidential submit.16charANcodeNMBR[at]spam.spamcop.net address (your Confidential Submit Address)."
Also, what does "Yum, this is fresh spam" mean?

35597[/snapback]

It means that you were very quick with reporting that particular spam message - it's a little encouragement from Julian's humorous side.
Does it mean that it's the first time this particular piece of spam has been sent to SpamCop?

35597[/snapback]

No.

Also I got one that said Cannot resolve: "address". What does this mean?

35597[/snapback]

That means that SpamCop's Parser did not have enough time to figure out the IP Address of that particular URL, so it had to move on.
Is there a place where I can read what all the data in the SpamCop report means?

35597[/snapback]

I recommend starting with Report and The Link Analysis Process.
Thanks

35597[/snapback]

You're welcome.

Thank you, Jeff. I appreciate your kind reply. I had used the FAQ section, but was having a hard time finding the answers to these questions and had limited time. Unfortunately, I am so disgusted by a private (and VERY ) response that I got from one of your Admin people (I had accidentaly PM'd him) that I have requested that my SpamCop account be canceled.

Again, I appreciate your patient response.

"To "Queue for reporting" from Webmail, forward (from the message list interface only, not when viewing any particular message) to your confidential submit.16charANcodeNMBR[at]spam.spamcop.net address (your Confidential Submit Address)."

35603[/snapback]

Just to keep everyone up to date, this is, to my testing, still not working as it is introducing a blank line between every line of the message.

See this thread: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5055 for more info. If JT's priorities stay in order (ha,ha,ha,ha), then this should be addressed this week.

I had used the FAQ section,

the FAQ section ???? not a helpful pointer to just what was being looked at.

but was having a hard time finding the answers to these questions and had limited time.

Yeah, and those that took the time to respond, write up the FAQ entries, answer everyone else's questions, reply to PMs and e-mail, develop pages, write, repair, fix code such that others don't have to all appreciate the fact that you have limited time and seem willing to jump in and use a new power tool without reading the manual.

Unfortunately, I am so disgusted by a private (and VERY      ) response that I got from one of your Admin people (I had accidentaly PM'd him) that I have requested that my SpamCop account be canceled.

That's a good one ... accidentally PM'd someone ... As you didn't answer my PM questions directly (and still left "us" in doubt by your reply here by using the term "the FAQ" vice stating just what FAQ you were "searching" .. which also brings up the "search function available at the top of the screen ..???)

For those that will be along later, the "disgusting response" from "one of your Admin people" is provided below .... I don't see the "remove" request, perhaps yet another Admin type was contacted?

Actually, I spent quite a bit of time in the FAQ, but it is poorly organized and hard to find what I was looking for...in fact I still haven't found what I was looking for.  I don't have hours to spend on this.  So, I thought someone might be nice enough to answer me directly.  Obviously, I was wrong.

Yes, I did goof when I sent it directly to you.  So, I corrected myself.

Believe me, I won't bother YOU again.

Hi. I am new to spamcop.

Not sure if that's supposed to be some kind of excuse for something ...????

A heck of a lot of time by a number of folks has been spent building a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) list ... there are several "views" of that data available ,,,

For instance, you tripped right on by the big flag I put in everyone's way ... Start Here - before you make your first Post .. just how did you miss that? Not understood at all is why you PM'd this to me, yet then also posted into the "How to use ... the SpamCop Forum" .. which has nothing to do with your query (except for pointing out the obvious that you were posting into the wrong area" ...????

As it is, another Moderator moved your posted query into another Forum section .. others have responded, coincidentally some pointing right back to the FAQs that you managed to ignore by not following that Forum link provided in bold letters .... Missing all of this "obvious" stuff 'here' unfortunately suggests that yet another suggestion be made ... please take the time to read the "Rules" before reporting any more spam.

Archived