SpamCop could not find your spam message

lenbo211

Every time I try to report spam, I get a message saying

"SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:"

When I try pasting it into the web page section for repeating, it says it cannot find the header.

What am I doing wrong?

Lenbo211

What am I doing wrong?

35664[/snapback]

Did you start by following the Bold Print titled entry here "Start Here - before you make your first Post" .... did you read the text in red on that page (ignoring asking about any of the plethora of FAQ links being followed) .... did you happen to take notice of an Announcement (also in Bold letters) titled Announcement: [How-to] Post a Question ... Did you try the Help link on the www.spamcop.net web-page ...?????

Well, obviously most of the time spent in the "help us to help you" mode to offer up all kinds of answers and make them available before you would have to ask a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) yet again appears to have been just so much wasted time and effort by a number of folks. That you chose to ignore the multiple attempts at offering guidance on "how to ask a good question" is simply your issue at this point.

Sure, "we" could guess that you may be using Outlook, but then again, you might be using some web-mail tool, but then again, why should anyone here offering to help have to guess at all?

For that matter, there are many 'discussions' in here already that started out with the exact scenario you describe ... take a few minutes and look at previous conversations .. you'll see the same "what tools are you using" .. read the FAQ ... "why is Wazoo such an ..." over and over and over ....

Also noted: your topic description of "Reporting not working" is bit undone by noting that the graphic placed at the top of this Forum labeled "Reporting System Starus" indicates that things are in fact working just fine for a bunch of reporters.

Miss Betsy,

I appreciate your reply. It's no wonder that the casual person who wants to try and help stop spam, doesn't bother when the responses from people like the Great Kazzoo or Wazzoo or whatever are as annoying as the spam we get.

Wazoo, If you really cared about stopping spam, spend less time copying and pasting rude replies to innocent questions and copy and paste the instructions.

I appreciate the time you put into building the FAQ, but not all of us have the time to read through an entire FAQ section.

If you want to Mainstream spam reporting, try being a little less offensive to the casual user who just wants to try and do their part.

Len

Moderator edit: deleted the the next post by Len as it was an exact copy this this one without the first sentence.

It's no wonder that the casual person who wants to try and help stop spam, doesn't bother when the responses from people like the Great Kazzoo or Wazzoo or whatever are as annoying as the spam we get.

<snip>

36182[/snapback]

...Yeah, yeah, yeah ... never heard that before! :) <g> PLEASE get over it! If you spent an amount of time looking at the FAQ equal to that you just spent here complaining about the most helpful person in these fora, you would probably be able to actually make some progress towards getting an answer to your question. Can we focus on that, PLEASE?

Miss Betsy,

I appreciate your reply.  It's no wonder that the casual person who wants to try and help stop spam, doesn't bother when the responses from people like the Great Kazzoo or Wazzoo or whatever are as annoying as the spam we get.

Absolutely rolling on the floor .... Miss Betsy used a Moderation tool I created such that Moderators could simply pull up this auto-magical response to folks that "obviously didn't make any attempt to read any of the FAQs" ..... I've not yet trained myself to use this very 'tool' ....

Wazoo, If you really cared about stopping spam, spend less time copying and pasting rude replies to innocent questions and copy and paste the instructions.

And just where do you see any "cut and paste" in my reply? That whole thing was composed just for you. What you see as "rude" is simply yet one more iteration of the obvious in my eyes, and it's more than a bit boring to have to repeat those words over and over (not copying and pasting) in a different pattern/format each time, hoping that one day I'll get it just right and won't have to type up the same stuff anymore.

I appreciate the time you put into building the FAQ, but not all of us have the time to read through an entire FAQ section.

???? Had you simply started with [How to] post a question] your issues may have already been resolved. Yet, you still haven't bothered to get around to offering up any details. Not only does that meant that I'm not going to solve your problem, but no one else can either. And your response here doesn't even touch on just what "FAQ section" you might be having problems with.

If you want to Mainstream spam reporting, try being a little less offensive to the casual user who just wants to try and do their part.

36181[/snapback]

Obviously, you've not bothered to read any of the "FAQ sections" on the listing of Staff and Personnel in these parts. Who cares what "I" want?

Based on your non-informative query now being turned into a rant, this Topic is being moved to the Lounge area, as defined in the Forum section descriptions.

It's no wonder that the casual person who wants to try and help stop spam, doesn't bother

It is not Wazoo's fault that it requires some learning on the part of the casual person who wants to try and help stop spam. Julian, the creator of spamcop, is a brilliant programmer, but doesn't have much patience with the non-techie.

The Forum FAQ is the result of volunteers like Wazoo and me to make spamcop understandable for the non-technically fluent. I am not a techie. Like you, I am an end user who asked the very same question when I first started. Unlike you, I recognized that Wazoo was /very/ helpful and so have learned enough to be a reasonably useful spam reporter. Many of the discussions are still 'way over my head.

It is a little bit like recycling - there are certain rules about sorting, (i.e. what plastics, etc.) that one has to learn in order to be useful. If one wants to be even more useful, then one learns more - my husband recycles all kinds of stuff.

Miss Betsy

36181[/snapback]

Hi Len,

I think you hit the nail on the head... What you're asking for is someone to short circuit the process and avoid you taking time to read up the answers.

Sadly, if those who give peer support here spent time doing that they'd be overwhelmed.

The FAQ is designed to help us all frame questions correctly and, often as not, find the answer to the question without having to wait for an answer from someone who kindly chips in.

It is exceedingly frustrating to visit here daily and find the same questions being asked over and over when you know the answer is likely to be in the FAQ.

It is is even more frustrating to be asked a question without sufficient information be even able to hazard a guess. What Wazoo has tried to do is point out that the answers you want are probably already quickly available through the FAQ but that to provide anything other than a guess would need more information from you. Again the FAQ points to the information you need to provide.

Personally, I'd favour a form which new enquirers could use to complete their enquiry and which then generated a link to potential answers in the FAQ. That could then have a further link to submit the question for peer support if the links offered didn't help. But nobody here is paid to offer support and that would take a heap of time to create.

So tell us, the type of reporting account you have, how you are reporting (web or Email attachment), the software you're using, and the steps that can be taken to replicate the problem. Then we can point you to the answer. But if two or three clicks into the FAQ will do it then you may find that to be a far quicker way of fixing the problem.

Andrew

Archived