Did the cop take a sick leave?

moltar

Ok, fine, here are the fresh ones:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z827209756z3b...b97cdead71eba9z

36087[/snapback]

Thanks. Source 68.59.1.252 isn't listed by SCBL.
That should be http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z827209738z3c...ea9144748b6e54z. Source 212.198.73.38 isn't listed by SCBL.
Source 86.196.253.23 is now listed by SCBL, but appears not to have been listed at the time.
Source 24.161.169.254 isn't listed by SCBL.
Source 84.59.196.241 is now listed by SCBL and CBL, but appears not to have been listed at the time.
During 6 hours, 36 spam messages were caught, 7 went through.

36087[/snapback]

You might want to increase your number of checked blocklists/blacklists and/or reduce your SpamAssassin Limit.

Currently all networks are enabled. spam assasin is at level 5. It's recommended to keep it at 5. I'll try setting this to 4, but it's risky. I am pretty sure I set it to 4 before, but checking now it's 5 again. I probably didn't like it and set it to 5.

Besides can Spamassasin work with Russian language anyways?

Most of the spam that gets through is in Russian. Often it comes in batchres of 2-3 emails at a time. Sometimes it's same email, sometimes 3 different ones, but all in one minute.

Many of the Cyrillic (presumably Russian) spam messages I see don't even have a URL in them, they just have addresses and phone numbers. :(

36131[/snapback]

Yes, you are right! This is a crazy new way of spamming. It pisses me off. I don't even live in Russia, and they are advertising all kinds crap stuff. Like

- Food deliveries

- Taxi services

- Politians

- the classic and famous "Learn American English Center"

- etc...

The emails are usually very clean - no images, not URLs, no spammy techniques. Just text. So I'd guess it'd be pretty hard to track that kind of spam.

Archived