ThankASoldierWeek.com -- I Think this is cool!!

fog

... where the hell are these people the other 50+ weeks a year?

37852[/snapback]

Perhaps some of them are over at http://www.supportyourtroops.us/messageboa...m?StartRow=1221 But indexed pensions, no more erosion of benefits and medical review boards without (apparently) KPIs linked to the number of rejections they make would be sorta nice too.

Not to downplay the effort, but .... from a Retired soldier's viewpont, where the hell are these people the other 50+ weeks a year?

37852[/snapback]

...We're all selfishly enjoying the fruits of the labors of the unselfish people like you, without whom we could not unselfishly enjoy them.

...There's no way we here, relatively safe and able to take our liberty and safety for granted, can do enough to thank people like you (including those currently serving). So, infrequent and weak though it may be: THANK YOU! :D <big g>

...We're all selfishly enjoying the fruits of the labors of the unselfish people like you, without whom we could not unselfishly enjoy them.

37861[/snapback]

Don't forget "thoughtlessly".

...There's no way we here, relatively safe and able to take our liberty and safety for granted, can do enough to thank people like you (including those currently serving). So, infrequent and weak though it may be: THANK YOU! :D <big g>

37861[/snapback]

I second that - THANK YOU!

• 4 weeks later...

Miss Betsy asked a question elsewhere, I went off to do some research .. ran into one of those memory jogging bits ... got to wondering why I hadn't heard of the place in such a long time .... aha! They changed the name of the place. A bit of the history of the place (obviously written from a different perspective than mine) can be found at http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/facility/shemya.htm .... but the tie-in point to this Topic .... where were those "thoughts for a soldier" back in the time spent in this fantastic garden spot (oh to be young and naive enough again to believe things like "social life? Amazing!!! It's like there's a beautful babe behind every tree!!!) Though combat and war environments may have their certain allure and disadvantages, spending a year or so at a cozy little place like Shemya certainly alters some perspectives in life <g>

Archived