More proof they just don't get it...

StevenUnderwood

Sorry, but can you inform me as to the 'rules of spam'. I was not aware that they followed any rules.

38416[/snapback]

One short list provided via Original SpamCop FAQ & Added Forum Items (links provided at the top of this / every Forum page) ... titled Spammer Rules .. There are other lists "out there" that offer many more details, items, etc.

One short list provided via Original SpamCop FAQ & Added Forum Items (links provided at the top of this / every Forum page) ... titled Spammer Rules .. There are other lists "out there" that offer many more details, items, etc.

38418[/snapback]

Well I don't think these 'rules' are valid from 3 on.

If Spammers are stupid, how do they manage to flood the Internet with over 60% of email traffic? How do they manage to bypass many blocklists?

How do they manage to hide their identities so well that they escape prosecution for their illegal activities?

And if they go out of business, how is it that spam is increasing faster than legitimate email activity?

I think that these 'rules' may have once had some valitity, but the present situation is not described well by these 'rules' at all, IMHO.

spam is a multi-billion dollar industry. Lets face it and do something that will prevent it from continuing.

Paul

Well I don't think these 'rules' are valid from 3 on. ...

38424[/snapback]

Aaaagh - an infidel attacks the sacred precepts! :) True, Sun Tzu said you don't win many battles by underestimating the enemy ('cept he put it a little differently and in some archaic Chinese language - thank heavens for Project Gutenberg).

I think the elaborated " Rules" are mostly light relief to make us footsoldiers feel a little better about the state of affairs. While overmuch confidence in the "generals" will never survive first contact, I am reasonably sure it is only our politicians who consistently underestimate the scale and scope of the problem (because they are insulated from it, even more so than the average internet user). I don't think anyone is under the misapprehension that the politicians are leading us in this fight. But, hopefully, they will continue to be dragged, screaming and kicking, to support appropriate action.

This is not spam. This is truthful, it's straight forward. We're honest. To be spam it has to be, under Florida law, defined as being deceptive.

38529[/snapback]

Well then, we've nothing to worry about - what politician ever lies? :) The terms of the Australian spam Act specifically excludes politicians, obviating them from such an onerous stipulation :) It is also Federal, in accordance with the Australian Constitution and the Heads of Power Agreement(s). If the Florida AG's flackhack has it right, it just points up the futility of regulation in the local arena - but of course even Federal regulation can't cope with the international nature of the "phenomenon".

Taking a small leap from that point, the Chinese, masters of diplomatic ju-jitsu, must be laughing themselves silly, as they indulge in their own "little" bit of economic warfare.

38529[/snapback]

/snip

Taking a small leap from that point, the Chinese, masters of diplomatic ju-jitsu, must be laughing themselves silly, as they indulge in their own "little" bit of economic warfare.

38547[/snapback]

However much I hate to give into conspiracy theories I often wonder to what extent there may be some truth to that statement.. you only have to look at the latest trends in spam, without China harboring spammers, spam would have never become the problem it is today..

WHY hasn't the FBI gone after these American spammers?

38577[/snapback]

They and Federal Prosecutors have their priorities. Apparently, stopping the insensitive religious zealots who want to kill and maim us is more important than stopping the insensitive capitalist zealots who want to fill our mailboxes and support each other and the insensitive communist zealots who want to help them destabilize our economies. If only the FBI, Federal Prosecutors, and ISPs had more budget and backbone for anti-spam activities... :)

Archived