MacOsX wokaround

karlisma

please add suggestion to use "Select all-in-one submission form",

??? where exactly? There are several versions of a SpamCop FAQ, there are a couple of "How to" instruction/tutorial sets written up (by other users) .. no where do I recall the use of the Outlook/Eudora hack screens being brought into that picture ...

using separate boxes for headers and mail body result in too much data - no data

38645[/snapback]

There is probably more to the story, but again, the "two box form" was specifically "built" for Outlook/Eudora users (and even that focused on Windows users)

??? where exactly?  There are several versions of a SpamCop FAQ, there are a couple of "How to" instruction/tutorial sets written up (by other users) .. no where do I recall the use of the Outlook/Eudora hack screens being brought into that picture ...

This was here: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/282.html

and, Yes - anything other, from MacOsX Mail.app do not work (I am a bit confused about the 6 or 7 seconds delay, when processing/reporting manually. The user, with a Mac is already half disabled, because he/she cannot send spam messages via e-mail, he/she has to "select-all, copy, paste, push Process button, then wait the delay, then press submit reports". Just because via e-mail does not work, You are making Mac user "leave the building", making him pay with a hammer or wait - wait - wait. This is somehow un-attractive.).

Besides: everybody sees that exact screen with two boxes You mention, while logging in to "process spam". (cannot give You link here, it's a main page after logging in)

There is probably more to the story, but again, the "two box form" was specifically "built" for Outlook/Eudora users (and even that focused on Windows users)

38649[/snapback]

I see. Excuse me for the flaming here. I just tried to make FAQ in that part more accurate, because it pi$%ed me off playing with that two boxed screen.

That would be the "official FAQ" and though I've tried mightily, there's not a lot that I can do about that one. Note the the various versions of that FAQ exist here because of the issues in the 'official' FAQ.

and, Yes - anything other, from MacOsX Mail.app do not work (I am a bit confused about the 6 or 7 seconds delay, when processing/reporting manually. The user, with a Mac is already half disabled, because he/she cannot send spam messages via e-mail, he/she has to "select-all, copy, paste, push Process button, then wait the delay, then press submit reports". Just because via e-mail does not work, You are making Mac user "leave the building", making him pay with a hammer or wait - wait - wait. This is somehow un-attractive.).

The "delay" is there for any and all 'free-reporting' users.

Besides: everybody sees that exact screen with two boxes You mention, while logging in to "process spam". (cannot give You link here, it's a main page after logging in)

Not really ... the initial login would get you to a screen that included the link-text;

Select outlook/eudora workaround form

whereas the screen you are referring to would then show the link-text;

Select all-in-one submission form

I see.  Excuse me for the flaming here. I just tried to make FAQ in that part more accurate, because it pi$%ed me off playing with that two boxed screen.

38657[/snapback]

Taking a look at a request for help I made 'here' at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5196 and adding that I've posted in several other 'support' forums, sent a number of e-mails, and looked around a bit, but I've not received anything I can use .... as stated in my previous post, there is data developed "here" that would have saved you the wasted effort.

Please note: whether you see the two box screen or the single box screen is simply the result of which of the two you were last seeing or using when you last logged in. The link under the box is a toggle. Simple click on the link and your default view will change. See Action buttons in report spam window, What do they actually do?

Other links you may want to look at:

Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac, Safari / Thunderbird / Web-Form

Archived