[Resolved] Massive Amounts of Spam

brianchai

Hi all,

I've been using SpamCop to report spam for the past 2 months and it's now worsened to a new level. I received 31 spams today from the same address. Someone is apparently angry at me (not possibly more so than I am at them). Every few daysI receive a batch of one to four from the same address, but that address changes with each batch.

My question is, is there a way to report spam of this quantity? Besides spending an hour reporting each email one by one?

Thank you very much.

Do you submit by paste-it-in-the-box or e-mail? Have you looked at the FAQ, Glossary, and/or the Dictionary here, specifically details on Quick-Reporting? What tools are you using now, e-mail client/software, and anti-spam tools, etc. Have you looked at the entry here on How I use Spamcop?

Wazoo - I use the copy & paste method. I searched the forum and the SpamCop FAQ, to no avail. Alas I have found neither glossary nor dictionary on this site. I use Mozilla Thunderbird. I don't use antispam software for a few reasons. First, this is the first and only significant problem I've ever encountered, second I want to get spammers into trouble instead of simply blocking them, third all antispam software I've ever used blocks some wanted emails as well as unwanted. I have Thunderbird sending all junk emails to the junk folder now, but I still must check on it to see if I miss anything good (it's a business account and I get emails from unknown people somewhat often). Thank you.

Wazoo - I use the copy & paste method.  I searched the forum and the SpamCop FAQ, to no avail.  Alas I have found neither glossary nor dictionary on this site.

And this feeds into an issue that's caused much grief. You say "this site" but having to suggest that you mean www.spamcop.net in that statement .... "this site" is the support Forum ... when I say "the SpamCop FAQ" within this Forum, I am talking about the version created here, links provided at the top of this page. Pointers to the different FAQs were intended to be seen by placing the pointer on the Forum front page (Start Here ...) that leads one to a listing of resources at What is SpamCop.net? ... all the stuff you didn't find "there" is because it resides "here"

I use Mozilla Thunderbird.

40136[/snapback]

Another item you'd have found "here" is an entry in the How to Use .... Forum section ... How to use Thunderbird to report multiple emails, One users step by step example which seems to answer your original question.

My question is, is there a way to report spam of this quantity?  Besides spending an hour reporting each email one by one?

40097[/snapback]

You could, if you wished, purchase a flat-rate Email account for $30. This will filter all your incoming mail AND give the added benefit of being able to report your held spam in bulk using Quick Reporting. If you go this route, don't forget to set up the Mailhosts config.

Andrew

Thanks both of you.  I'm doing the forwarding method linked by Wazoo.

40260[/snapback]

(Please God let it work) <g>

Thanks for the follow-up. Will wait for some kinf of a "Wahoo!" or something before I tag this one as resolved.

Archived