Popgate not working

This is NOT a reporting issue.

I understood it was not a reporting issue. The request for a tracking URL is so that everyone does not need to wade through 3 screenfuls of information to get to your point, which is likely why you got no response to your query. 30+ people (as of last night) had viewed your topic. Most likely got turned off by the format. You simply submit for (full) reporting and cancel the reports, posting the TrackingURL.

but I felt it ought to be brought to the attention of someone who can look into it.

Then you need to send an email to the administrator of the email application. He rarely makes his presence known here.

I understood it was not a reporting issue. The request for a tracking URL is so that everyone does not need to wade through 3 screenfuls of information to get to your point, which is likely why you got no response to your query. 30+ people (as of last night) had viewed your topic. Most likely got turned off by the format. You simply submit for (full) reporting and cancel the reports, posting the TrackingURL.

Then you need to send an email to the administrator of the email application. He rarely makes his presence known here.

As I understand it, a tracking URL doesn't show the body of the message. Since this is a problem with the body of the message and not the headers (headers, including subject are fine) I thought it best to post a copy of the raw email to show the error.

As for emailing JT, well, as I mentioned, I've done that and been met with silence. Here AND email AND Newsgroup. Nada.

Since you seem to think it'll help to post a tracking URL, I'll go ahead and give it a shot, but I don't think it'll help since AIUI, a tracking URL won't show the *original* message....

Tracking URL: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1154710430z4...3fb52efd222747z

Also, 2 more problems with this idea: 1) The email I used is too old to report and 2) it's got all that Yahoo java scri_pt crap in it. But it's there for anyone who wants to take a look at it!

As I understand it, a tracking URL doesn't show the body of the message. Since this is a problem with the body of the message and not the headers (headers, including subject are fine) I thought it best to post a copy of the raw email to show the error.

Since you seem to think it'll help to post a tracking URL, I'll go ahead and give it a shot, but I don't think it'll help since AIUI, a tracking URL won't show the *original* message....

Tracking URL: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1154710430z4...3fb52efd222747z

Also, 2 more problems with this idea: 1) The email I used is too old to report and 2) it's got all that Yahoo java scri_pt crap in it. But it's there for anyone who wants to take a look at it!

The idea of using tracking URL's is to save screen space in this application and to get around the whitespace issues this application introduces. You could have posted trackingURL's for both the good message as seen in Yahoo and the "bad" message. This would have given more information while taking up less space and being more readable.

It is my belief you received no responses to that query mostly because of you posting the body of that message. I know that is why I ignored it. The issues you are seeing might very well be account related (either your Yahoo account or spamcop account) because there has been nobody else complaining about this.

Anyone interested can use the View entire message link to view the body as it was submitted (with some munging of addresses). Your 2 more problems don't matter because you are not trying to report it, and that IS the body as it was received by spamcop.

<snip>

It is my belief you received no responses to that query mostly because of you posting the body of that message. I know that is why I ignored it.

<snip>

...Actually, I ignored it because I don't know anything about how POP works. :) <g> I concur that the only one likely able to resolve this is JT. If you haven't heard back from him, I'd suggest trying again once every few days or so, on the assumption that your e-mail got lost among the very large number he no doubt receives each day.

Archived