ATT blocking mail forwarded from Spamcop

On the SpamCop Email System News is the following:

Feb 28, 2006

* [23:37 EST] At this time, it appears that we have succeeded in getting our mail servers off the Comcast blacklist. We should be delivering normally to Comcast again.

* [23:04 EST] At the current time, it appears that Comcast is rejecting some or all email coming from our email system. This is causing bounces for people who forward their email to Comcast. We have attempted to contact them about it, but if you are affected by this problem, it would be good for you to contact Comcast customer service yourself and ask them not to bounce our email. The IP addresses here are 216.154.195.49, 216.154.195.54, and 216.154.195.36. They can email our support address for further details. We apologize about the problem but we have very little control when an external ISP decides to bounce legitimate email coming from us. In the meantime, we'd recommend not forwarding any email to Comcast. You can read email in webmail or POP from us until this is straightened out. Thanks for your patience.

It's not just a Comcast problem. Comcast uses ATT for mail, as do Insight (my cable provider) and Mediacom. ATT is the one doing the blocking.

ATT was also bouncing mail forwarded from Spamcop for several days earlier in Feb, and they are doing it again, as I write this:

The following message to <***[at]insightbb.com> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'216.154.195.49 blocked by blacklist.sequoia.ops.asp.att.net.\nBlocked for abuse. Please contact the administrator of your ISP or sending mail service.'

I realize Spamcop cannot control ATT. I just want to warn anyome who is a Comcast, Insight, or Mediacom customer who forwards from Spamcop.

I realize Spamcop cannot control ATT.  I just want to warn anyome who is a Comcast, Insight, or Mediacom customer who forwards from Spamcop.

40898[/snapback]

One is best to POP SpamCop drectly for email at any rate. The speed is very fast, as fast as you probably can receive. This also takes another incompetent provider out of the equation.

Just wondering... when this happens...

... is it because some spammer has successfully used a spamcop account for a spamcast?

40923[/snapback]

Nope it is because a vast number of this providers users are not able to reliably send or receive email because of their/this ISP's incompetence

SpamCops Email service is gaining reputation as the only email address you will ever need and is worrying major providers as more and more sign up for a fast reliable spamfree and virus free email

The following message to <***[at]insightbb.com> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'216.154.195.49 blocked by blacklist.sequoia.ops.asp.att.net.\nBlocked for abuse.

I just asked rbl[at]abuse-att.net to look into the problem. They lifted the blocks last time, but I wasn't able to convince them the traffic wasn't originating from Cesmail servers.

Maybe you could contact them and ask them to stop blocking your mail.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Archived