[Resolved] Blocked but not in list???

EffieRover

Periodically, I am getting bounces to my various signup pages of the form:

The original message was received at Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:22:01 -0600
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<signee[at]theirdomain.com>
    (reason: 553 207.44.210.107 rejected due to spam, contact 480-505-8877 (bl.spamcop.net))

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to smtp.secureserver.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<signee[at]theirdomain.com>
<<< 553 207.44.210.107 rejected due to spam, contact 480-505-8877 (bl.spamcop.net)

And yet, each time I check, 207.44.210.107 is not listed in the database. Any ideas what's going on? This is (something like) the seventh time over a two-month span. Pointers would be appreciated.

And yet, each time I check, 207.44.210.107 is not listed in the database. Any ideas what's going on? This is (something like) the seventh time over a two-month span. Pointers would be appreciated.

41391[/snapback]

That seems to make sense with what I am seeing, there are no manual reports and you are not currently listed.

It is not unusal to see administrators who have their servers misprogrammed to show spamcop as the problem even when another list is causing the block. Have you tried caling the number they provide? Have you tried contacting the postmaster at the domain you are trying to reach?

I suggest that you call GoDaddy's Tech Support at that number or email their Customer Support via support[at]supportwebsite.com for clarification.

41393[/snapback]

Postmaster[at]anydomain bounces with the same message. But, I figured the phone number was yours. Will do, thanks.

I'm giving up on anything but getting my problems solved when it comes to GoDaddy. IMX you have to walk them through the paces to get anything accomplished. Had I realized it was their problem, I might have gone to them first ... they were all different sites, so I assumed it was something to do with you folks.

I did get cleared over there and pointed out to them that it was returning a spamcop error for something that wasn't a spamcop error -- good luck with that one and thanks for the help :)

Archived