About 9 out of 10 submitted spams...

nei1_j

Dear Ma'ams and Sirs,

Most of my spam comes from a single Yahoo email address. I've done all the mailhosting for that address. There were checkboxes for "optional" mailhosts, I checked them all and processed them. Everything was successful.

However, after forwarding spams to SpamCop, I usually don't hear anything more about them. Usually, I do _not_ get an email telling me I have spam-reporting to complete.

Sometimes it works, but usually it doesn't.

How do I troubleshoot what's going on?

(I have two other email addresses that rarely get spam -- including one other Yahoo email address, but their spams all get processed, 100%.)

Thanks,

-Neil-

Most of my spam comes from a single Yahoo email address.  I've done all the mailhosting for that address.  There were checkboxes for "optional" mailhosts, I checked them all and processed them.  Everything was successful.

Personally, I have no idea what "optional boxes" you might be talking about, but if you say everything was successful, then ....???

However, after forwarding spams to SpamCop, I usually don't hear anything more about them.  Usually, I do _not_ get an email telling me I have spam-reporting to complete.

Forwarded how? Your Yahoo account is configured how? There is a FAQ here, a How To ... section ... have you checked these for handling spam submittal by e-mail from a Yahoo account?

How do I troubleshoot what's going on?

42019[/snapback]

To see if the e-mail is going out (and o check the format and content of that e-mail) CC: it to another account, such as your ISP e-mail account.

If the e-maI is successfully submitted and the format is correct, what do you get when you log into your www.spamcop.net account? One would normally see a "you have xx spams to report" or something similar ....you make no mention of this circumstance at all ...

If you find those spam parse results ready to verify (and then send) then there may be an issue with your "registered e-mail account" receiving the notification e-mail from spamcop.net ... that you suggest that the MailHost configuration of a Yahoo account worked says something, but ... not whether this is the regustered spamcop.net reporting account or not ....

If this isn't enough, try to wade through the SpamCop FAQ here, read some previous discussions on Reporting issues .... which by the way, is where I am moving this Topic to .... you say that the MailHost configuration process was successful, you don't complain about bad results seen in the parsing of a spam submittal that did make the trip .. so I don't see your query as being related to a problem with the MailHost configuration of your Reporting account ....

42019[/snapback]

Just a thought... Have you checked the spam filtering within your Yahoo! account. It sounds very much as if the report confirmations could be trapped as potential spam items and filtered out by Yahoo!

Worth checking if you haven't already done so.

Andrew

Thanks guys for coming back. Also thanks to Wazoo for moving this post if it makes more sense here.

First, Andrew...

Have you checked the spam filtering within your Yahoo! account.

I've always had spam Filtering in my Yahoo accounts turned Off to maximize the amount of spam I can submit to SpamCop.

Turning the spam Filtering off for my Yahoo accounts works just fine. One of the accounts gets plenty of juicy spam for me to submit. :ph34r: Unfortunately, that's the account with the disappearing submittals. :(

Wazoo wrote:

Forwarded how?

I send multiple spams as multiple attachments in a single email to submit.xxxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net.

Your Yahoo account is configured how?

All my email addresses pop3 themselves directly into my email software. No fancy forwarding. If that's what you mean by "configured?"

There is an FAQ here, a How To ... section ... have you checked these for handling spam submittal by e-mail from a Yahoo account?

Well, I just searched around this section of the forums for something special about submitting spam from Yahoo, but couldn't find anything special. Since spam submitted for my other two email accounts (which includes another Yahoo account) are recognized and processed just fine, I assume I don't have any issues regarding the method of "handling of spam submittal." Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I submit all my spam the same way -- from my "intermittent" email account and from the two email accounts whose submittals are working properly (which includes another Yahoo account). I think that suggests that my spam submittals are being performed properly. I think that's why I had an intuitive sense that it was a mailhosts issue -- like some emails from that account come from one mailhost which works, but some emails from that account come from a different mailhost which doesn't work? Or maybe it's something else...?

... what do you get when you log into your www.spamcop.net account? One would normally see a "you have xx spams to report" or something similar ....you make no mention of this circumstance at all <_< ...

Yes, sorry I didn't mention. When in those cases when I get no email from SpamCop telling me that I have spams ready to finish reporting, the spamcop.net webpage never shows that I do have spams waiting to be reported.

Gracias,

-Neil-

Archived