Webmail down? imap works

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, some cell phone services do work in the building - most of the GSM carriers for instance.  I have servers there myself and I've been there many times.  Phones and stuff not working isn't a security thing... it's a building construction thing.  That's a solid metal and concrete building w/ dual layers of metal sheeting.

I understand ... my backgound was working in buildings specifically built / upgraded for that pesky "emission" problem <g> That this building was spec'd for the opposite travel of electrons is something that most folks don't care about <g>

Funny thing is this building has a extremely fancy backup system that should have mitigated the power problem.  They even purposely sell themselves as "not requiring battery backup systems".  (Even though I said "uhh huh" and proceeded to install them in all our racks anyway.)  Power in the building runs through "constant power systems" - which is basically a big flywheels that continue to spin by enertia and generate power until the generators kick in.  And each customer is supposed to be served by redundant PDUs. 

So it was either a very big power outage or Quality Technology Services has been slacking off since they bought the business from ITC^Deltacom.

42159[/snapback]

I'd have to agree, but .... hmmm .. it was the edeltacom page I remember reading .....

Me too. The webmail system still seems hosed, but at least mail is flowing now. I'm not sure why I couldn't do port 25 connections to the MX server....it probably doesn't like my rudimentary "fakemail" skills.  ;-)

42155[/snapback]

18 April '06 15:24

I was able to log on just now....thank you.

I'm sure that someone is almost bald now from tearing hair out in frustration.

Again, I appreciate all your work...this is the first time I've experienced this kind of "down"-age.

I repeat - my thanks to all who got us up and running again

FWIW, I was able to log in and use webmail with the SSL address: https://webmail.spamcop.net/

When I attempted the un-secure layer address, I receive a blank webpage.

42164[/snapback]

I can only report that a requested page load at webmail.spamcop.net is coming back almost immediately now .... my bogus attempts at logging in are looping around and bringing me back to the "try again" page just fine .... that's about as far as I can go with it from here ...

There may srill be an issue with the re-syncing to the spamcop.net servers for that account data .... that should clear up in a few minutes ...

I can only report that a requested page load at webmail.spamcop.net is coming back almost immediately now .... my bogus attempts at logging in are looping around and bringing me back to the "try again" page just fine .... that's about as far as I can go with it from here ...

42165[/snapback]

There still seems to be a problem with spam reporting at mailsc.spamcop.net. I can paste the spam in, but I get a cannot find server or DNS error, as I was earlier today as well.

There still seems to be a problem with spam reporting at mailsc.spamcop.net. I can paste the spam in, but I get a cannot find server or DNS error, as I was earlier today as well.

42166[/snapback]

ahhhh ,, that's what I just added to my previous post ..... communication between JT's systems and the IronPort systems .... that pesky word backlog is probably involved ...

Wait a minute .. "paste the spam in" ... that's all on the IronPort systems ..????

has anyone tried this service to access mail remotely?

http://mail2web.com/

42171[/snapback]

Clicking on the "Search" link at the top of the page, plugging in "mail2web" .. choosing "all Forums" ... show Posts .... there are 2 pages of returns (including several from this Topic ...)

Using the Google search link would probably deive you nuts .. probably have to add in some additional keywords and functions to scope it down a bit.

There may srill be an issue with the re-syncing to the spamcop.net servers for that account data ....  that should clear up in a few minutes ...

42165[/snapback]

At this point I get a blank page no matter if I use the secure system or http://webmail.spamcop.net. Everything except this forum seems to be down.

At this point I get a blank page no matter if I use the secure system or http://webmail.spamcop.net. Everything except this forum seems to be down.

42174[/snapback]

Not sure about the "everything" .....

http://www.spamcop.net/ is coming up just fine - IronPort system

news:;/news.spamcop.net is working .. JT's hardware

http://forum.spamcop.net is working .. JT's hardware

The usual questions, I guess .. have you cleared cache, restarted your browser, ???? hard to follow from this side of the screen .. some folks saying things work, others saying it's "all" broken ....

I'm looking at the login page as I type this ... can see it via IE6, Safari, FF1.07 .... but that's as far as I can go without an account ...

I am still unable to get to the Webmail page. I've also tried going to the secure site, as some have had success with, but either simply gives me a blank page.

6 hours and counting, and the only 'official' news is that there was a problem, but everything is fine. That was posted 3 hours ago, and from where I sit things don't look any better than they did at 11:30 EDT. :(

Not sure about the "everything" .....

http://www.spamcop.net/ is coming up just fine - IronPort system

news:;/news.spamcop.net is working .. JT's hardware

http://forum.spamcop.net is working .. JT's hardware

The usual questions, I guess .. have you cleared cache, restarted your browser, ???? hard to follow from this side of the screen .. some folks saying things work, others saying it's "all" broken ....

42177[/snapback]

I've tried all the above, 2 different browsers (Firefox & IE), caches cleared, browsers restarted (heck it's the first time I've fired up IE in several months) and still no joy.

SnowDog

18 April '06 13:25

Merlyn,

Hate to tell you, but I can't access webmail....and I can get to all other portions of the site, just can't get to webmail.

42108[/snapback]

It has been working for ma all day.

This is currently posted on the webmail page:

[14:19 EDT] Earlier this morning, the data center we are hosted in had a major power failure which affected their normal backups systems. This means that most of our servers were powered down. Not everything came back up automatically, which means that mail has been delayed and logins have been difficult. We're monitoring it now, but it appears that everything is back up. Logins should be normal and delayed mail is flowing in. We apologize for the problem and will be investigating this with our data center to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I have stuff in this same datacenter and I occasionally wave at the SpamCop system when I'm passing through.  Security there is pretty tight, so Marwan is just doing his job.

42098[/snapback]

Were you aware of the major outage there reported on the webmail site by 4PM EST?

I don't think so.  Still can't login.  This is awful, and so unprofessional.  I've been meaning to switch to gmail for a while, now I have my reason. :-(

42161[/snapback]

Gmail is sh**e compared to SCMail, because I can forward all my mail accounts to SCMail and send mail out AS those accounts... you cant do that in Gmail, you can only put a "reply to" address in the email, which, IMO, is far mor unprofessional that this outage was.

From the newsgroups;

Newsgroups: spamcop.mail

Subject: Re: Wembail down?

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:50:54 -0400

Message-ID: <e23jg3$eld$1[at]news.spamcop.net>

References: <e22tvr$33m$1[at]news.spamcop.net> <e2397v$8v1$1[at]news.spamcop.net> <e23alg$9ma$2[at]news.spamcop.net> <e23dtg$bm8$1[at]news.spamcop.net>

"WazoO" <nobody[at]devnull.spamcop.net> wrote in message

news:e23dtg$bm8$1[at]news.spamcop.net...

>

> OK, I just for a login screen, tossed some data at it, for returned to

> the "try again" page, so it's not completely broken .... one user

> has already chimed in that he was able to login .. looks like it's up ..??

>

>

I just talked to Jeff a couple of minutes ago and things should be good now.

Ellen

SpamCop

Should that be "Teporting Server sRatus"?   :P

I'm looking now... the "Parsing & Reporting Server status" and "Reporting Server Status" links are new to me, but I admit I don't check this forum every day (or even every month) lately.

So eventually I will get a chance to see what they SHOULD look like... Right now there's no graphic.

42089[/snapback]

Yeah, I edited that post a while back .. strangely enough, with all the running around I've been doing today, I have no idea just when the graphic came back <g> .... but it's working now ... note that it is a link also, leading to a combined stats graphics page.

<snip>

I was expecting some important information about a job today.

It's just my luck that the system crashes today of all days.

<snip>

42099[/snapback]

...Please remember, e-mail is not now nor has it ever been a guaranteed delivery mechanism. If a particular bit of communication is important to you, please be sure that the party that you expect to contact you has an alternate means. Thanks!

Actually, this morning I've been seeing delays in pop response, and it just took a lot longer than normal to log into the webmail system. Either the server is under an unusually high load, or there are connectivity issues, perhaps even local to the colo facility.

DT

The web interface seems to be crawling today. In the last couple of days, I have also experienced problems attaching documents (DB unknown error) and opening messages (An unknown error occured).

The database may have some corruption due to the hard shutdown earlier in the week.

I sent an e-mail to the support address, but I have not heard anything back yet.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Archived