I have been blocked as a spammer...why?

Joseph

I looked up the mx for washingtonspeakers.com and came up with a list of 15 IP addresses for just your primary MX.

Please narrow it down a little and post an error message or IP address being blocked.

Also, since this has nothing to do with the spamcop email system, please post it as a reply to your message in the SpamCop Help forum.

washingtonspeakers.com

If its a website there would be no list? It may of been "Joe Jobbed" by a spammer who has included this site (or pictures from that site) in their spam. If this is the case you need to get a copy of report from your upstairs and email deputies to list your site as a "innocent bystander". If you have a report there will be a link to do this yourself

If you are on SpamCops blocklist for your email server you have a security problem (or are a spammer) and would need to know the IP address to look at it and advise further or read Miss Betsy's rendition

My domain, washingtonspeakers.com, has been reported to the spamcop system.  How do I get myself removed from this list?

Any help would be appreciated

Joseph -

SpamCop does NOT list domains or email addresses. It only lists IP numbers of machines determined to be the source of spam that users have reported.

If you have an open relay or open proxy, get your machine secured. If you were reported due to sending UCE/UBE then make sure your mailing lists are confirmed opt -in.

If you'd like a more specific answer, provide the IP(s) that are listed so the infoirmation can be looked up.

My domain, washingtonspeakers.com, has been reported to the spamcop system.  How do I get myself removed from this list?

Any help would be appreciated

Joseph -

It looks like washingtonspeakers.com

uses a bunch of email servers

Resolved washingtonspeakers.com to 12.154.34.44

[washingtonspeakers.com has 2 MX records globalmail.mxpath.net.(5) smtp-relay.swbell.net.(100)]

it also looks like globalmail.mxpath.net uses many servers:

Resolved globalmail.mxpath.net to 66.185.163.16 to 66.185.163.22 to 66.185.163.28 to 66.185.163.29 to 66.185.163.30 to 130.94.106.82 to 198.65.167.67 to 198.65.167.72 to 66.185.163.6 to 66.185.163.7 to 66.185.163.11 to 66.185.163.12 to 66.185.163.13

Some of those are listed in spamcop due to having spam reported from them, for example: http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=66.185.163.13

66.185.163.30 is also listed.

They will fall off the list 48 hours after the last spam report. It all depends on which server your mail goes through.

You secondary smtp-relay.swbell.net uses a few servers 151.164.30.29 to 204.60.203.77 and some of those are also listed.

Spammers have sopiled it for everyone.

It would be easier to pinpoint the problem if you supplied an IP address or a reject message.

Joseph actually posted twice. It would have been good if this thread had been deleted instead of moved.

Joseph wanted a phone number to call. I managed to get his IP address but then someone else gave him the deputies address and he hasn't been heard from since.

But maybe someone will read this and know that there is a lot of help available if they ask.:D

Miss Betsy

Archived