Webmail is driving me nuts! (re: attachments)

I'm in a new office now so I'm not able to use my usual IMAP client (Thunderbird). I've been relying on webmail for the last few days and I'm remembering why I avoid it at all costs.

1. Most important to me right now is access to attachments that were sent to me earlier today. I am able to download two Word documents, but I am not able to download the PowerPoint documents (.PPT) attached to the same message. I've tried in Firefox (1.5) and IE. Firefox prompts me to save a file as a "PHP scri_pt", which turns up empty. IE times out. I've tried downloading everything as a ZIP and clicking on each attachment individually. They are large attachments (7 and 12 Mb respectively), but if the server is going to accept these messages, there should be a graceful way to retrieve them! I cannot forward the message either. Needless to say this is completely maddening for an account that I'm actually paying for!

2. Yesterday I was having issues with much smaller attachments not getting forwarded with a message and not getting added to a message after specifically attaching them. Any idea what's going on?

3. Spamcop webmail has always been dreadfully slow for me, which is one of the reasons I've avoided using it except when necessary. I have a large number of messages in my Inbox, but I don't understand why this should affect things. Does the webmail system try to cache every message in the folder you're looking at? It can take 30 seconds or so to open my Inbox, whereas other folders can open in just a few seconds.

Thanks in advance.

Very frustrated,

30/30

1. Most important to me right now is access to attachments that were sent to me earlier today. I am able to download two Word documents, but I am not able to download the PowerPoint documents (.PPT) attached to the same message. I've tried in Firefox (1.5) and IE. Firefox prompts me to save a file as a "PHP scri_pt", which turns up empty. IE times out. I've tried downloading everything as a ZIP and clicking on each attachment individually. They are large attachments (7 and 12 Mb respectively), but if the server is going to accept these messages, there should be a graceful way to retrieve them! I cannot forward the message either.

Not 100% sure I'd actually go with "the server accepted them" .... The current setting as I recall is using the default setting of a 2Meg file limit size, as set in a PHP configuration file.

2. Yesterday I was having issues with much smaller attachments not getting forwarded with a message and not getting added to a message after specifically attaching them. Any idea what's going on?

FAQs, How to things, etc. have been developed. Others have asked this, but ... everytime I've had someone pass me their account data, I could log in, send e-mail, and attach files galore ... on the other hand, as above, are you trying to exceed the 2Meg limit?

3. Spamcop webmail has always been dreadfully slow for me, which is one of the reasons I've avoided using it except when necessary. I have a large number of messages in my Inbox, but I don't understand why this should affect things. Does the webmail system try to cache every message in the folder you're looking at? It can take 30 seconds or so to open my Inbox, whereas other folders can open in just a few seconds.

42721[/snapback]

A few items of interest per the SpamCop FAQ links at the top of this very page;

WebMail Login problems & General Slowness, First things to check

SpamCop E-Mail Account Storage Quota / Limit

Archived