signing up: no response

onevos

I signed up with a username and a working e-mail address at this page:

http://www.spamcop.net/anonsignup.shtml

however SpamCop has not yet sent me a confirmation with my password. I though this would take a few minutes... but it's been a couple days now. Moreso, there is no "resend password" link to find, and no way to contact a "technical support" about this to have them re-send it.

I am also turned away when I try to register again with the same e-mail address, saying that it's already been registered:

"Sorry, email -----my-address----- has already been registered."

The receiving e-mail address is a forward to my real e-mail inbox, but I have verified that it positively works.

Could anybody help?

however SpamCop has not yet sent me a confirmation with my password. I though this would take a few minutes... but it's been a couple days now. Moreso, there is no "resend password" link to find, and no way to contact a "technical support" about this to have them re-send it.

Do you have any filtering in place which might have caught the message? If so, check wherever that mail is filtered to.

Others may know about resending the password Email.

Andrew

Yeah, I also think it's a dang shame that there is no way to find out how to contact anybody about anything. You'd think that an outfit like this would have a FAQ or something that would tell one how to contact somebody .. Oh wait a minute .... there does seem to be a FAQ listed here .. geeze, all over the place actually ... Oh yeah, there's even Pinned items that mention the word "Contact" ...Gee, I wonder if any of that data has any clues as to how to contact someone ....

I am also turned away when I try to register again with the same e-mail address, saying that it's already been registered:

"Sorry, email -----my-address----- has already been registered."

Gosh, I wonder of the entry in the SpamCop FAQ titled Password Problems? might have some answers about "problems with a password" ....?????

The receiving e-mail address is a forward to my real e-mail inbox, but I have verified that it positively works.

Could anybody help?

Probably not .... the folks that used to help around here kind of burned themselves out writing FAQs that no one looks at ... If you don't want to use a 'real' address, make a mention of what the 'forwarding' Domain might be, those of us that are still here could make guess after guess after guess at all the possible things that could ever go wrong in the process of an e-mail sent from point A and not arriving at point B .. there are rumours that there are more than two computers on the Internet ....

c'mon .... do some research or provide some real details .. one or the other ....

c'mon .... do some research or provide some real details .. one or the other ....

Wazoo: I understand your point, but a new user might not. This might be a little over the line. Go drink a cup of that coffee you made several hours ago ;)

I found the SpamCop FAQ just fine. Looks like it has great support for Pre-Registration to and Registration to the SpamCop Forums. I received my confirmation e-mail and correspondence e-mails for SpamCop Forums just fine.

Unfortunately, my problem isn't with SpamCop Forums; my problem is registering with SpamCop itself. I couldn't give a hoot about the freaking forums, although the receipt of the Forum confirmation e-mail does further confirm that my e-mail works perfectly. I can't even appreciate the support that the Forums provide for SpamCop if I can't register for SpamCop in the first place!

And thanks for the attitude.

I found the SpamCop FAQ just fine. Looks like it has great support for Pre-Registration to and Registration to the SpamCop Forums.

????? That sounds more like the Forum FAQ, as compared to the item actually referenced before, spelled SpamCop FAQ ... exactly the way you spelled it, as a matter of fact ...

I received my confirmation e-mail and correspondence e-mails for SpamCop Forums just fine.

Unfortunately, my problem isn't with SpamCop Forums; my problem is registering with SpamCop itself. I couldn't give a hoot about the freaking forums, although the receipt of the Forum confirmation e-mail does further confirm that my e-mail works perfectly. I can't even appreciate the support that the Forums provide for SpamCop if I can't register for SpamCop in the first place!

Answer still remains .. what you ask is in the SpamCop FAQ, links at the top of this very page.

And thanks for the attitude.

Whatever .... the answers were placed ito a Frequently Asked Question list a long, long time before you hit the Forum. Had you hit the Help button on the www.spamcop.net page, and waded through the FAQ there, you might have found some data. All I can tell you for sure is that it is listed with a title that matches your question "here" ....

Only thing I've found of relevance,

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/287.html

doesn't help much.

????? That sounds more like the Forum FAQ, as compared to the item actually referenced before, spelled SpamCop FAQ ... exactly the way you spelled it, as a matter of fact ...

Answer still remains .. what you ask is in the SpamCop FAQ, links at the top of this very page.

Whatever .... the answers were placed ito a Frequently Asked Question list a long, long time before you hit the Forum. Had you hit the Help button on the www.spamcop.net page, and waded through the FAQ there, you might have found some data. All I can tell you for sure is that it is listed with a title that matches your question "here" ....

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/287.html doesn't help much.

Had you followed one of the links at th Top of this very page, you'd have found that the "official / Original" FAQ has been complained about for years .. thus the single-page access point version I tossed togerther many moons ago .... I'm not even going to point out that there is an 'internal' Serach function offered up top, there's an entry point to fill in the blanks and use Google to do a dearch .. no need to point out the obvious again .. so, let's drop back a bit ...

Top of this page, you have a choice of two links titled:

SpamCop FAQ Pick one (if you want to read along while you read this, go for the very top-most one)

Scroll down until you see;

SpamCop FAQ .... (FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions)

You can scroll past the Jump To -> section as you've not going that much further down the page ....

You are looking for (as I stated previously) the entry Titled;

Password Problems?

And to hjelp you out even more, this is what that section looks like;

Overview of SpamCop Services (currently under revision)

How does SpamCop reporting work?

Why am I Blocked?

Has your email been blocked? (ISP, Mailing List Admin, Advertiser)

SpamCop Blocking List - Am I listed?

NEW! SenderBase's "Magnitude" Explained

Why am I getting all these bounces? Updated!

Why does SpamCop want to send a report to my own network administrator?

Password Problems?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And as stated, that link does not take you back to the www.spamcop.net web-page ....this is additional data that exists "here" .....

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/287.html

doesn't help much.

[edit]OOps, I didn't look through the "history" enough, then Wazoo's reponse crossed mine. The link is http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1001 If you still draw a blank ... try as below.[/edit]

You should try How can I contact a SpamCop representative? - use the form from the button at the bottom of the page. Note the operative word in the form's statement We will attempt to respond within 24 hours is try. Thanks for persevering!

You should try How can I contact a SpamCop representative? - use the form from the button at the bottom of the page.

For the last couple of days .... again, as one works down the "front" page .. there's that line;

SpamCop Discussion latest news: Not finding the Help you need?

And showing as the "last" post in the Announcements Forum section is;

Jun 2 2006, 10:09 PM

In: Not finding the Help you need?

By: Wazoo

But again, you know how hard I work to hide things .....

... But again, you know how hard I work to hide things .....
For those who have come late, nobody has worked harder or longer or with greater knowledge and diligence (or with less remuneration [= none] for his efforts) than has Wazoo to place the necessary information before those needing it - and his work continues to make it more and more accessible. Anyone having ideas on how to improve that access is always welcome to contribute them. Meantime, and unless advised by him to the contrary. the OP's request for help seems to have been thoroughly answered in terms of both general methodology and specific resource.

Archived