mailhost registration

What the posters in the forum are trying to do is to collect what answers we have. I see no reason why the 'FAQ' can't include what we know with a sentence that says that since we don't have access to the user's details, our answers are 'general' answers and that if none of them fit, to contact 'official spamcop'

And, what we know should come first, then what we don't know and who to contact. As I said, I don't know enough about the whole process or what can go wrong to be able to intelligently decide what is important and what is not important, but if you want, I can give you a prototype in the FAQ Under Construction. I am always willing to explain why I think something should be included or excluded and discuss what needs to be included or excluded. I learn better that way.

Miss Betsy

• 2 weeks later...

There is something I don't get about the mailhost registration

If I have several e-mail addresses for one and the same domain.

Is it enough to add one for example info[at]domain.com or do I have to add all others like webmaster[at]domain.com , haligali[at]domain.com etc.

Thanks for the info . . . I think if such an example would be in the description when adding a host it would be easier for new people

Thanks for the info . . . I think if such an example would be in the description when adding a host it would be easier for new people

No one here has the power to do anything about that. The only folks that can are the ones mentioned previously that advised me that "there are no FAQ [Frequently Asked Question] type answers available." Your specific question has been asked and answered/explained within this Forum section multiple times ..... and I actually believe I have it addressed in my aborted attempt at building a MailHost Configuration Issues FAQ entry ....

No one here has the power to do anything about that. The only folks that can are the ones mentioned previously that advised me that "there are no FAQ [Frequently Asked Question] type answers available." Your specific question has been asked and answered/explained within this Forum section multiple times ..... and I actually believe I have it addressed in my aborted attempt at building a MailHost Configuration Issues FAQ entry ....

It is the 'second problem'

Miss Betsy

It may be too late to be of value, for some reason I've missed the last few posts here, but as I posed the question, maybe I should explain. The problem with the mailhost registration arose because Outlook wasn't completing headers (Ithink) so the process didn't work correctly ansd I didn't know that it wasn't normal to receive email replies saying 'success' and 'failure' after trying to complete the rewgistration. Also in one of the replies somewhere, there was the comment not to reply to the address this email came from for help because it wouldn't be answered, but to go to the forum for help. So when I saw comments in the forum about contacting the administrators, it was rather contradictory, and I only did so out of total frustration. i hope this explains a little. Sorry I can't be more precise as to what email said what as I've forgoitten now, but I have got the mailhost registration fixed. Thanks.

It may be too late to be of value, for some reason I've missed the last few posts here, but as I posed the question, maybe I should explain. The problem with the mailhost registration arose because Outlook wasn't completing headers (Ithink) so the process didn't work correctly ansd I didn't know that it wasn't normal to receive email replies saying 'success' and 'failure' after trying to complete the rewgistration. Also in one of the replies somewhere, there was the comment not to reply to the address this email came from for help because it wouldn't be answered, but to go to the forum for help. So when I saw comments in the forum about contacting the administrators, it was rather contradictory, and I only did so out of total frustration. i hope this explains a little. Sorry I can't be more precise as to what email said what as I've forgoitten now, but I have got the mailhost registration fixed. Thanks.

Thank you for coming back to help explain why you couldn't find what you were looking for. I have added a FAQ for the technically non-fluent (like you and me) if you want to look at it and make comments. It is in the FAQ Under Construction forum if this link doesn't take you there Mailhosts Short List

You can answer in that topic since you are helping to construct a FAQ.

If you want to be helpful to the technically non-fluent, you could look at the big red 'Latest Announcements' and 'How to find what you are looking for without pulling your hair out in the process' and see what you think. You can PM me with any comments. (that means use the 0 New Messages at the top right to send a message on the forum to another member or click on the p_pm.gif button at the bottom of this post).

Miss Betsy

I had spamcop send me those emails to test my connections and I forwarded each of them as attatchments. I got a responce saying that The email sample you submitted for ********* appears to traverse more than one domain. Please ensure that you configure each mailhost individually and in order. Procede here. I went to the link and it told me there were no MX records found for my mailhost. It then had me send another test email and said Sorry, all tests failed. <technical stuff which I don't want to post> Relay access denied. Since it seemed like I was getting nowhere I sent a request to have the admins deal with it. As I was doing that I got two blank emails from spamcop with the subject lines Spamcop account configuration: success. So am I all done or is there still more that I need to do?

... submitted for ********* appears to traverse more than one domain. Please ensure that you configure each mailhost individually and in order. ...... send another test email and said Sorry, all tests failed. <technical stuff which I don't want to post> Relay access denied. Since it seemed like I was getting nowhere I sent a request to have the admins deal with it. As I was doing that I got two blank emails from spamcop with the subject lines Spamcop account configuration: success.

With no 'techy data" provided, no one here can offer much at all. On the other hand, just because you brought up the "both success and failure mesages" scenario, I merged your 'new' Topic into an existing recent discussion that covered a lot of ground. That you sent an e-mail to "we hope" the correct folks, perhaps not much else needed "here" ...???

So am I all done or is there still more that I need to do?

As stated in the Pinned items in the Forum section, the question boils down to the parsing results of a spam submittal. Suggestion being to turn on 'show full technical details' on your reporting account, use the web-form entry to cut/paste your spam into the box, then check/verify the parse and results.

If good, then you're 'done' until/unless something changes ..

If bad, provide a Tracking URL so that the "techy detail" stuff is available.

PM sent to advise of Move/Merge.

Postini.com is the spam blocker my ISP uses. All mail goes through it. Not sure how to add it at all.

As it turns out, there are others here that also use Postini, to include a Moderator or two ... answers should be forthcoming from the user-to-user side of things .... use of the Search tools at the top of the page should bring up a number of results, if you'd care to look ....

As it turns out, there are others here that also use Postini, to include a Moderator or two ... answers should be forthcoming from the user-to-user side of things .... use of the Search tools at the top of the page should bring up a number of results, if you'd care to look ....

Postini configurations require moderator intervention, no way around it I'm afraid. There should be instructions on the failure you got. Good luck.

Archived