reporting service sllloooooooowww

Been addressed in: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6629

... not resolved though.. and yes, I have seen a drastic slow down.

Great, thanks for the info. I'm glad it's been noticed by others. I thought maybe it was a DDoS attack, perhaps not though (though I'm sure SpamCop is/will be a huge target of those). Sorry I didn't notice the other thread.

(Actually, fyi, in the past 10 minutes or so since I posted that it has sped up substantially.)

Great, thanks for the info. I'm glad it's been noticed by others. I thought maybe it was a DDoS attack, perhaps not though (though I'm sure SpamCop is/will be a huge target of those). Sorry I didn't notice the other thread.

Big bucks have been paid to Akamai for their services for a long, long time to minimze the possiblity of a DoS or DDoS attack against the Reporting system.

(Actually, fyi, in the past 10 minutes or so since I posted that it has sped up substantially.)

And yet, if you followed the link, you'd have noticed the reference to the graphic/link at the top of this page, and one would note there are yet more droputs and spikes in the flow .... the issue still remains that the scaling of a codebase and system written by one guy on a cmputer switting "on the kitchen table" has always had problems trying to keep up with the never-ending influx of new users and the never-ending spew, allowed by so many ISPs that haven't figured out the real costs involved for everyone ..... hardware upgrades keep coming, but so do the 'new' reporters .....

every dropout means another following period of 'catching up' .. code changes occur fairly often, some of them not "perfect" .... on and on ....

Archived