Yahoo Small Business Account Blocked

counsel

Hello:

My company's domain is hosted by Yahoo Small Business, and the Yahoo mail server than handles my outgoing mail has been listed as a "problem."

NCMail.net has told me to contact spamcop and indicated there was a link (that I did not see on the web page) that I should follow to resolve the problem.

Can anyone assist me in showing them how to allow mail from a particular domain through the filters rather than just block everything from a particular IP?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

C

P.S.

Relevant information follows:

IP address of Yahoo mail server is 66.163.175.81 (or so spamcop tells me so...)

Someone that is using the server is spamming. Assuming that it isn't you, you need to contact Yahoo and ask them to do something about the spammer(s) who are adversely affecting your ability to send email. Only Yahoo can prevent the spammers from using their equipment to abuse others. Once the spam stops the listing will automatically be removed.

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...p=66.163.175.81

My company's domain is hosted by Yahoo Small Business, and the Yahoo mail server than handles my outgoing mail has been listed as a "problem."

[snipped]

No it has not been listed as a problem it has only been listed for having spam reported from it. It is a very sad that this happens but Yahoo is extremely slow in removing their spammers.

You are sharing an email server with spammers who purchase Yahoo services and abuse them. Yahoo seems to like spammer money more than their non-spamming customers.

Ask Yahoo why they fail to provide you with the service you are paying for and ask them why they are not removing the customers who are abusing them and not complying with their terms of service.

Let us know what they say.

The emails are "odd" -- I am not sure if they are real ebay account messages or phishes or what exactly ... but then again why would ebay be mailing from a yahoo server used for yahoo biz customers? I think they are phishes

• 1 year later...
Someone that is using the server is spamming.  Assuming that it isn't you, you need to contact Yahoo and ask them to do something about the spammer(s) who are adversely affecting your ability to send email.  Only Yahoo can prevent the spammers from using their equipment to abuse others.  Once the spam stops the listing will automatically be removed.

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...p=66.163.175.81

3913[/snapback]

I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH SBC YAHOO I CONTACTED THEN AND THEY TOLD ME THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO..OTHER THAN CHANGE TO ANOTHER ISP.

WISH I HAD KNOWN BEEFORE I SWITCHED MY SMALL BUSINES WEB HOSTING. LOOKS LIKE SBC YAHOO VALUES THE SPAMMERS MORE THAN SMALL BUSINESS CUSTOMERS

WORD TO TYHE WISE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Ask Yahoo why they fail to provide you with the service you are paying for and ask them why they are not removing the customers who are abusing them and not complying with their terms of service.

Let us know what they say.

3924[/snapback]

In the meantime, you may have access to an alternative SMTP mail server - depending on who you connect through. If you have access to another SMTP server then sending your mail by that route may resolve your problem for the time being keeping your mail alive whilst you tackle Yahoo!

Andrew

p.s. It seems to me that you may have been delisted by now in any case.... :)

TOMMMY,

If you got that info in writing, please post a link to a scan of it.

If you got that info in email, please post the whole email, including complete headers, or a link thereto.

If you got that info on the phone, please post a link to a recording of it.

Thanks!

You could also ask for them to clarify their position in writing (on paper or via email), and/or ask to speak with a supervisor (while recording this time).

Archived