[Resolved] Confused by "Unreported Spam Saved: Report Now"

dgkanter

[Mac TiPB, OS 10.4.7, Safari 2.0.4 (419.3), with Preference of spam Munging: Obscure identifying information.]

I've been using the Web-based spam reporting for a while now and perhaps the current wording after I've made a report has been there all along, but I'm confused by the Report spam page (which starts with advice as to how much space I have left and what my average reporting time has been) which, after a submission, it (still) says:

Unreported spam Saved: Report Now

You have submitted spam which has not yet been reported. Please avoid re-reporting spam. If you have already reported this spam or do not want to report it, please make sure to click "cancel" instead of submitting the report!

Remove all unreported spam

My sequence has been to:

1) Copy in my e-mail client (Eudora) the all-headers version of a spam and paste it into the text box on the Report spam page. I then click the "Process spam" button.

2) After a moment, I get the page with the "Please make sure this email IS spam" text and a display of to whom the report will be sent. I then click the "Send spam Report(s) Now" button.

3) I'm then taken back to the Report spam page--showing a decremented amount of space left--with the above-quoted text.

What is the "Unreported spam Saved: Report Now" telling me? I thought when I clicked the "Send spam Report(s) Now" button I had already made the report?

And the "You have submitted spam which has not yet been reported" again suggests I haven't done the report.

What am I missing? After having clicked the "Send spam Reports(s) Now" button, am I supposed, then to click the "Report Now" link in the first line of the above-quoted text--which is now on a Report spam page that shows an empty text box?

... What am I missing? ...
Seems like you are doing everything right. Can only imagine you have some old, forgotten spam banked up somehow. Click the "Report now" link and I will bet you see some totally different (and over-age) spam to that you have just lately reported. If so, just cancel it and if the "Unreported spam" still comes up then just use the "Remove all unreported spam" link. If I am right you should then be back in sequence and back to your expected status. If it doesn't work out like that, come back and describe what happened.

Can only imagine you have some old, forgotten spam banked up somehow. Click the "Report now" link and I will bet you see some totally different (and over-age) spam to that you have just lately reported.
You are right. While it wasn't over-age, I recognize it as one of my recently received spam. I suspect I had clicked the "Process spam" button, but then must have gotten diverted such that I didn't click the "Send spam Report(s) Now" button when it was presented. :o

If so, just cancel it and if the "Unreported spam" still comes up then just use the "Remove all unreported spam" link. If I am right you should then be back in sequence and back to your expected status.
Once again: You are right.

Many thanks for the "instant" post of the answer.

Archived