Why is the word "s c r i p t" getting underlines inserted?

qjvgpuryy

Is there some reason that people modify the word "s c r i p t" to be scri_pt?

Does it matter how many underscores there are or where they are placed?

There must be a reason ... or certainly an excuse!

This application does it due to a modification I put in place to prevent an exploit that wasn't handled quick enough by the developers. There are a number of similar 'hacks' in place to handle other attempts to use some (underground) advertised exploits. On one hand, this particular hack may not still be necessary, but .... the original exploit was 'available' in versions 2.0 thru the existing 2.1.4 version that I was testing . I sent up my notice, results, suggested patches (admitting they were very heavy handed) .. the IPB programmer involved released a patch for version 2.1.5 only .. then 2.1.6 was released (and several patches after that) .... based on the way the issue was handled for the existing 2.0.4 version that was running here (that did get hacked by yet another exploit even though it was 'up to date' and with my hacks) and thousands of other places around the world ... I've not reached the comfort level of removing "my" patches.

Once again, there's a great Moderating team at work here, so very few of the populace sees the spam and hacking crap posted here ....

This application does it due to a modification I put in place to prevent an exploit that wasn't handled quick enough by the developers.

I'd ask you what the exploit was, but then you'd have to kill me. :D

Thanks again for all that you do (and put up with) here!

I'd ask you what the exploit was, ...
But there's always another vulnerability, as we've just seen (how ironic). To tempt fate once more, yes, thanks Wazoo and all the crew too - we'd (tinw) be somewhere else, if it wasn't for you :) No, really, thanks a milliard.

Archived