Need some info re; invo i gave in the spam e-mail

laan

I thought that it was an e-mail from my bank and when i clicked on the link it too me to the back page

it said that i need to log on to my account, that what i did (stupud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) i put all my info in there: my ss#, address, dob, password, pin...

OMG - what do i do now?????????

please help.

i already reported this to my bank (called them), changed my password and all the banking info, but now someone has my ss#, dob, name, address - what do i do?

thanks a lot for your replys

I thought that it was an e-mail from my bank and when i clicked on the link it too me to the back page

it said that i need to log on to my account, that what i did (stupud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) i put all my info in there: my ss#, address, dob, password, pin...

please help.

i already reported this to my bank (called them), changed my password and all the banking info, but now someone has my ss#, dob, name, address - what do i do?

Having alerted your bank there really isn't anything else you can do. Perhaps, check that you change your password anywhere else that you used the same password as you set for your bank accounts.

:(

Andrew

Having alerted your bank there really isn't anything else you can do. Perhaps, check that you change your password anywhere else that you used the same password as you set for your bank accounts.

You might want to contact any CC companies to keep an extra look out for fraudulent looking activity. It might be an inconveinience to you (if they need you to confirm transactions) but can protect your credit.

Identity theft is the most common crime in North America. Unfortunately it goes unpunished and there is little you can do after the fact. So, I am seconding Steven's comment: alert as many credit card companies ...(preferably in writing sent by register mail) ...

please help.

Hi, Iaan, sorry to hear about your misfortune, you need to think very hard about ALL the possible times you have used the same information (credit cards, online banking, store accounts, internet shopping sites). Work through them all, contact them and change all your personal information.

This happened to me a few years ago before anyone really knew about identity fraud:

I left my mobile phone in an airport scanner. I got a call from "Vodafone" asking me to confirm my details. As the phone was missing I thought it was genuine, the guy asked for my username and my DOB, which I gave him, but when he asked for my password I became suspicious and asked for his name and telephone number (which were fictitious). I immediately phoned Vodafone, to change my password etc. About an hour later I had a heart attack as I realised (as many people do) I had stored my password in my phone as a fake phone number, problem was this was also the log in to my internet banking. I then tried to log in to my bank and discovered I couldn't, when I called them, it turns out that my log-in information had been changed and a new debit card requested! At this point I contacted the airport police as I am certain someone at the airport had something to do with it, eventually a man in the lost property department was arrested as part of on on-going investigation.

BTW before I get people posting messages about how stupid it is to have the same password for several accounts, but this was a few years ago long before there was so much awareness about this kind of thing. I have definitely changed my ways these days!

Archived